PDA

View Full Version : HRC Kit/Twist ???

Tumbleweed
04-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Greetings all. I have the HRC kit and love it but...it's a lil' louder than stock for sure. HAS ANYONE here put the stock endcap back on to cut the noise a bit and if so...IS IT GOING TO CAUSE PROBLEMS such as fouling plugs, hard starting, etc??? I am looking for relative quiet and no hassles from the dune police. Or I could get a Sparks/Dr. D. pipe as indicated by some on this forum, wear earplugs and be a rebel! What say you out there?

WhiteZee
04-26-2005, 07:56 PM
i would look into the VCP pulse charger, it will give you great performance and will be pretty much the most quite pipe you can buy. also, it will work great with the HRC cam.

phoneman409
04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
I thought that the HRC kit was under the noise requirements?
That is what the dealer told me anyway.
If not please let me know so I don’t get a ticket????

kwatts400
04-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I have the Dr. D on mine, its not that much louder than the HRC endcap. I bought the quite core for it, which would probably bring it back down to the HRC db level, but I decided not to put it on because I didn't feel it was necessary.

turboTony
04-27-2005, 03:36 PM
I have the endcap on my stock (motorwise) quad and I love the way it sounds. It's only a LITTLE louder than stock. It is however much deeper so that's probably what's throwing you off...

walt miller
04-27-2005, 07:36 PM
the HRC end cap runs ay 96 db. and oregon dunes is 93db. irun the HRC end cap at the dunes and have no problems with police. there are to many people running at 101 db. for them to look at me.

kwatts400
04-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by walt miller
the HRC end cap runs ay 96 db. and oregon dunes is 93db. irun the HRC end cap at the dunes and have no problems with police. there are to many people running at 101 db. for them to look at me.

So the Dr. D with quite core would probably be ok?