PDA

View Full Version : use your foot for reverse

BANSHEEadam
09-12-2001, 09:39 PM
I remember someone a while back who had mentioned the inconvenience of the 300 ex's reverse... that you had to hold the clutch with one hand and give it gas with the other, and you didnt have a free hand to pop up the reverse lever. Well, this may be common practice with 300 ex owners, but what i do is put my heel under the front of the lever and pull it up with my foot. It really isnt hard at all... after a couple times you know where its at and dont have to feel around for it. when you get turned around, just kick it down and keep your foot going and pop it into 1st gear... then continue on as usual. i wonder how many people are laughing hysterically right now because thats the way youre supposed to do it or somethin....im used to making an :eek:ss out of myself, so its no big deal.:huh

Red Rooster
09-13-2001, 07:25 AM
I've done it that way ever since i got my quad. We don't all have prehensil tials to do it with!!!LOL.

kc 300EX
09-13-2001, 01:21 PM
they actually make and sell a lever that replaces the stock one, but it has a foot shifter on it

09-13-2001, 03:27 PM
i just started to do that and found it much easier and better

4punksdad
09-15-2001, 07:47 AM
the old suzuki quad sport had a much better design............anybody got a picture of this replacement foot shifter? if so, where do you buy one?

"BLAHH"300!!
09-15-2001, 09:44 PM
HOLD THE CLUTCH WITH REV.. BUTTON DOWN I UNDERSTAND- BUT

HOLD THE GAS LEAVER WTH THE OTHER HAND- WHAT???

MAN DOES YUR BIKE IDLE-
AND REVERSING WITH THE FOOT THING- IS PRETTY EASY WHEN YU GET USED TO IT-

BUT HOLDING THE GAS- WHILE DOINGTHIS- I DON'T UNDERSTAND:confused:

BANSHEEadam
09-15-2001, 09:51 PM
that was the complaint.... on cold days when u first start it up, it doesn't idle good (i wouldn't know i have only had mine for a month+), so you would have to hold the throttle and clutch and didnt have a free hand to pull the reverse lever.
i didn't make the comment, only gave an answer to the problem.

4punksdad
09-16-2001, 04:35 AM
I agree that its a poor design. If you use your hand, you have to reach your right hand to the left side of the bike. If you use your foot, you have to lift your leg WAY off the pegs & kick the heck out of your engine & plastic. If you wear riding boots, usung your foot if difficult to say the least.

I am supprised that honda hasn't redesigned the shifter before now. Its not as if their engineers had anything else to do before the 400EX was built :o

Anyway, I am still interested in seeing a pic of this reverse lever w/foot shifter deal. Johnny 5 needs input.

TRX250XFIRE
09-16-2001, 06:33 PM
on my 250x it is really easy.....its a beutiful thing

bsr
09-16-2001, 11:03 PM
Yeah I use to use my foot on my old 250x, it seemed like in cold weather everytime I went to use my hand it would shut off. I think they should make them easyer, like a switch or something.

"BLAHH"300!!
09-17-2001, 12:03 AM
their kinda light enugh to just throwaround anyway don't
ya' think- :blah :huh