PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Cycle

MEAT4272
04-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Hello all,
As a concerned member of exriders.com I strongly feel it is in our best interest to NOT
patron Burgard Cycle when we have the other high caliber site sponsors as we do.
On April-11 2005 I placed an order with Burgard Cycle for one of his quick change covers
for the amount of $350, I had bought a set of beadlock wheels from him in the past
and they were at my door in under a week.
But here is how this unfolds:

4/11/2005
Burgard: Hello, Good Morning Burgard Cylcle.... how can I help you.

MEAT: Good morning Izzy.... I would like to place an order.

Burgard: Ok sir, how can I help you ?

MEAT: I would like buy one of your quick change covers for an LT-Z400, do you have
them in stock ?

Burgard: Yes sir

MEAT: Ok, should I drive down and pick it up ??... I need it within a week.

Burgard: No sir

MEAT: If you are not sure, I can come pick it up !!

Burgard: No sir, I can ship it.

MEAT: Ok, here is my billing information.....

Burgard: Ok, thank you sir.

MEAT: Izzy, thank you and have a nice day.

Bargard: And you have nice day also sir.

4/19/2005
No package.

4/22/2005
No package by 1:00 pm EST so I called at 1:30 pm EST.

Burgard: Hello, Burgard Cycle.

MEAT: Mr. Burgard, this is Christopher from N.Y. and I'm calling to find out the status of an order.

Burgard: Christopher, up in N.Y. right ?..... sir, you should have received that already.
Let me check on that for you and I will call you back.

MEAT: Ok, you have my cell number and it's on 24/7.... you will let me know right ?

Burgard: Yes sir.

MEAT: Ok, I'll talk to you later today.

Burgard had Never called me back so I called him back at 5:15 pm EST and he
didn't answer his phone, so I left him a message to call me back with the tracking number.

4/23/2005
Called Burgard Cycle and left a message for him to call me back with the tracking number.

4/25/2005
Called Burgard and left a message for him to call me back with the tracking number.

4/26/2005
Called Burgard at 9:30 am EST and he answered his phone, I asked for the tracking
number and he told me to call him back in an hour when he will be in his office.
I called him back once an hour until 12:30 when I lost my patience with him and now
Izzy Burgard has until the end of business today 5:30 pm EST to return my call, if
not I will file a claim against Burgard Cycle.
Thank you

This could have all been taken care of if he had just done the right thing !!!
~Christopher, New York

MEAT4272
04-26-2005, 04:03 PM
***UPDATE***
The package I'm waiting for from Burgard Cycle has not arrived, it's 5:30 pm EST and
the business day has now drawn to a close with not even as much as a phone call
from Burgard Cycle.
I now have a claim started against Burgard Cycle, if I do not receive my clutch cover by
5:30 pm EST April-27-2005 I will fax in my affidavit and follow through with my claim.
Thank you for reading this thread.
~Christopher

quadcustoms
04-27-2005, 02:32 PM
ive never had any my luck myself!!

MEAT4272
04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
It's not looking like Izzy Burgard from Burgard Cycle is ready to
step up to the plate for the situation at hand.
Thank you for reading.

MEAT4272
04-28-2005, 09:14 AM
I received my quick change clutch cover today... It was sent UPS- red label.

The shame is.... I think Burgard Cycle pruducts are some of the best you can buy,
but what good is that if you are not getting the parts you have bought.
If Burgard cycle can get their act together and do better business
I would by from them again.

400exredrider
04-30-2005, 04:14 PM
glad to hear you got them

figair
05-12-2005, 06:49 AM
I once bought a 400ex steering stem from him that he said he had in stock,I recieved it about a month and a half later..But it is a good product

450RGNCC
06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
He is a very hrd man to deal with. His products aren't too bad, but I think that they need to change a few things. The guy that i bought my 450r from had it done by Burgard. There were a few things that Izzy did that I do not quite agree with.

1.) The rear sprocket was cut in half by them, i guess for easier installation, but the effects of that could have been really bad, I am glad that I caught that as quickly as I did.

2.) When they installed their front long travel a-arms they did not greas anything. I luckily found this out and lubed the ball joints before they got all rusty and screwed up inside.

3.) They installed the shock spacer on the one Axis shock backwards. I know this was not done by Axis, and again I luckily caught this quickly and installed it properly.

4.) When they made their steering stems, they made them smaller than stock, and to improvise they put in a small plastic bushing. The bushing was made way too large, so that the steering was incredibly tight, so after taking it out and sanding down the bushing, it now steers a lot smoother.

I would like if someone from Burgard would submit some messages explaining why things like this were done, and I think they should fix these problems for the future.

roostin_dale
06-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Ive had problems with burgard too. I feel that the parts are descent(not the best but they are ok) and service just flat out sucks...

vinson581
06-06-2005, 03:31 PM
i had a little issue fitting my a-arms as well, but all is good now

roostin_dale
06-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by vinson581
i had a little issue fitting my a-arms as well, but all is good now

oh yes...I had burgard +3s on my 300ex, I had to cut the bushings and bent the frame mounts to get them to fit, they were the worst fitting a-arms i have ever purchased..

quadcustoms
06-06-2005, 07:35 PM
the sstem with the bushin is just a 400ex stem with a aftermarket stock style 400ex bushin,same thing happen to me but it works just as good only if i would of known i had about 3 ex stems lol

tamehart
06-26-2005, 06:07 PM
I have had one to many problems myself. Promises that never came through. It is really ashame.

Now I know who was filling up his voicemail when I was trying to call him : ) jk.

I had one of the stems that had the extra slip in bushing, and one of the new bushings. The new bushings work really well.

Lsr370r
08-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Look i used to buy alot of parts from burgard back in 99 and 2000 and there service was not bad, now for there parts they are i would have to say the worst out of all the other a arm and stem companies out there i have used all of them gibson, lsr, leager, jrd, and more and they dont come close but the reason why i buy them is there cost alot less and for the type of recreational riding i was doing they were good. butttt about 4 months ago i decided to order a set of +3 arms from them and them sent me the wrong ones, they sent me +2 and tried to lie and say they sent 3inch and even marked the box with a +3 but didnt send me an invoice so i pretty much new they were wrong. so i ended up measuring them and calling them so they told me to send them back and they will send me the right ones, well i told them that i just want my money back because i want to get some long travel arms instead and they said they have a new pair of +3 long travels that were used once and have all new bushings and pcoat and they would send them for the same price. I said that would be great . now all summer has gone by and about 100 phone calls to them and now they dont even pick up the phone when i call. what should i do. if i have to drive up there i am going to be pissed

anyone who noes izzy burgard please tell him to send Dans a arms

figair
08-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Damn,Burgard is getting a bad name..Everyone I talk to seems to be pissed at him.Everywhere i read pple are saying negative things about him...That stinks i like his products and PRICES .but it seems its not worth the aggrivation..I bought stuff from him off of ebay directly from him,it took 3 1/2 months to get them when he told me they were 15 in stock..Good luck though.

derekhonda
08-21-2005, 03:16 PM
i had no problems purchasing my a-arms through pappy. He seems to be the only reliable burgard dealer out there. His product is good, I purchased my a-arms around two years ago and they are still holding up great. After ready all of this though i do not know if i would re buy his product. Get on the ball Izzy!

Lsr370r
08-23-2005, 09:04 PM
yesterday Burgard says that his chromer has all of there long travel +3 arms and all he can get me is +2 long travels in yfz blue. i told him if he could get them too me by the end of this week to go ahead and send them. and he told me to call him tomrow and get the tracking number.
i just find it hard to believe that a company that there main product is A Arms is not going to have a set like that. and if they didnt they could at least made a set in the 5 months i have been waiting. i asked him like 5 times are you sure you have +3 long travels and he tells me he is looking at them right now and all this other bull****. If he didnt have them i just wish he told me when i gave him my credit card number.
I talked to him today again to get a tracking number from him and he gave me a fake number. so i still dont no when i am going to get my stuff. What do you all think i should do should i tell him to just give me my money back and probably wait another 5 months, or talked to my credit card company and the Better Bussiness Bureau and get this guy shut down for good, i just think its gone too far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lsr370r
08-23-2005, 09:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pappy
08-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Lsr370,

I looked into this issue and found several big holes in whay you have claimed.

1st...you ordered arms the begining of june (not 5 months ago) you order was filled and shipped. you changed your mind and wanted long travel. you shipped the arms back and thats where Burgard dropped the ball.

2nd...the tracking number for your new arms is not fake. It was explained to you that the tracking number would not be valid until UPS entered it because the arms would be dropped off directly at UPS after normal pick up hours.

I also have a feeling you will not be happy with your order due to the fact your going to try and stuff old LT shocks on new LT arms. you explained to Burgard that you can make them fit so I dont want to hear it if they dont work correctly.

Your arms should be there friday i believe. Your welcome for anything I helped get resolved.

Jersey450R
08-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Lsr370r
What do you all think i should do should i tell him to just give me my money back and probably wait another 5 months, or talked to my credit card company and the Better Bussiness Bureau and get this guy shut down for good, i just think its gone too far.

I think you should shut the F up, stop crying and complaining, and grow up man. Patience is a virtue my friend and if you dont relax, your gonna pop the vein on the side of your forehead and be in the hospital when your a-arms that arent going to work get to your house. So when they do get there, post some pics of your new, loose, squeaky, binding front end for everyone to see. I'm sure we all do want to see what happens to as sholes.
:p

Pappy
08-24-2005, 09:14 AM
make no mistake, Burgard knows he dropped the ball, and he apologizes for it. most people think he makes alot of mistakes, and it does at times seem that way. for what its worth, ive seen some of the complaints first hand and more times then not its nowhere near how the person has reported it, sometimes its dead on the money. in any event, anyone ever has an issue, please pm me and ill do all i can to get it resolved.

Lsr370r
08-25-2005, 11:55 AM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PAPPY DONT ****IN LIE I DIDNT CHANGE MY MIND HE SENT ME THE WRONG ARMS. I ORDERED +3 REG ARMS FOR MY SON AND TWO WEEKS LATER I RECIEVED +2 REG ARMS AND ON THE BOX IT SAID +3 AND THERE WAS NO INVOICE, THATS WHEN I NEW SOMTHING WASNT RIGHT SO I CALLED HIM AND SAID I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND TOLD HIM THEY WERE WRONG AND THAT I AM JUST GOING TO BUY A SET OF USED +3 LONG TRAVEL ARMS AND HE SAID THAT HE HAS A USED SET OF YFZ BLUE ARMS RIGHT NOW THAT HE WOULD SELL ME FOR THE SAME PRICE AND I SAID THAT WOULD BE GREAT. 5 MONTHS LATER AND A BUNCH OF BULL**** HE TELLS ME HE DOESNT HAVE ANY +3 LGT ARMS THERE ALL AT THE CHROMER AND BACKED UP (WHAT HAPPEN TO THE USED SET) HE THEN SAYS ALL HE HAS IS A SET OF +2 LGT IN YFZ BLUE (HMM YOU FIGURE IT OUT) AND HE EVEN HAS THE NERVE TO SAY THERE NEW WHICH I CONFIRMED WHEN I GOT THEM YESTERDAY THAT THEY WERE NOT BUT THEY WHERE JUST AS GOOD AS NEW WITH JUST A FEW NICKS BUT NEW PCOAT AND BUSHINGS AND BALL JOINTS. ALL HE HAD TO DO IS TELL ME THE TRUTH FROM THE START INSTEAD OF WASTING ALL THIS TIME, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE ARMS I JUST RECIEVED ARE THE SAME ONES HE PROMISED ME FROM THE START.
WHY CANT YOU JUST ADMIT THAT HE WAS WRONG INSTEAD OF TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE THE BAD ONE, EVERYTHING I SAID WAS TRUE AND YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND LIE ABOUT IT OR MAYBE YOUR JUST TRYING TO STICK UP FOR YOU PARTNER AND YOUR JOB WHICH IS GREAT BUT DONT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE THE WRONG ONE. IZZY LIED EVERYTIME I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIM MAKING UP ALL THESE BULL**** EXCUSES FOR EVERYTHING, HE HAS NO BUSINESS ETHICS AT ALL.
AND AS FOR THE TRACKING NUMBER HE DID GIVE ME A FAKE NUMBER I DONT NO WHY BUT IT WAS WRONG BECAUSE IT ISNT EVEN THE SAME NUMBER THATS ON THE BOX HE SENT, WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SOME DUMB **** LIKE THAT.

OH AND WHO THE **** IS THIS DUMB *** TELL ME TO BE PATIENT AND CALLING ME AN *******. WHO THE **** ARE YOU DO YOU EVEN NO ME, WHY DONT YOU COME DOWN TO BALTIMORE AND SAY THAT **** YOU LITTLE ***** I'LL TEAR YOU A NEW *******. I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING THOUGH YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE A-ARMS THEY PROLLY ARE SQUEAKY LOOSE AND PIECES OF CRAP THAT WHY I AM TRADING THEM FOR A NEW SET OF GIBSON +3'S THE BEST ARMS YOU CAN BUY.

Jersey450R
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Dear Moderators,
Please ban LSR370R. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jersey450R.

Jersey450R
08-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Lsr370r
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PAPPY DONT ****IN LIE I DIDNT CHANGE MY MIND HE SENT ME THE WRONG ARMS. I ORDERED +3 REG ARMS FOR MY SON AND TWO WEEKS LATER I RECIEVED +2 REG ARMS AND ON THE BOX IT SAID +3 AND THERE WAS NO INVOICE, THATS WHEN I NEW SOMTHING WASNT RIGHT SO I CALLED HIM AND SAID I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND TOLD HIM THEY WERE WRONG AND THAT I AM JUST GOING TO BUY A SET OF USED +3 LONG TRAVEL ARMS AND HE SAID THAT HE HAS A USED SET OF YFZ BLUE ARMS RIGHT NOW THAT HE WOULD SELL ME FOR THE SAME PRICE AND I SAID THAT WOULD BE GREAT. 5 MONTHS LATER AND A BUNCH OF BULL**** HE TELLS ME HE DOESNT HAVE ANY +3 LGT ARMS THERE ALL AT THE CHROMER AND BACKED UP (WHAT HAPPEN TO THE USED SET) HE THEN SAYS ALL HE HAS IS A SET OF +2 LGT IN YFZ BLUE (HMM YOU FIGURE IT OUT) AND HE EVEN HAS THE NERVE TO SAY THERE NEW WHICH I CONFIRMED WHEN I GOT THEM YESTERDAY THAT THEY WERE NOT BUT THEY WHERE JUST AS GOOD AS NEW WITH JUST A FEW NICKS BUT NEW PCOAT AND BUSHINGS AND BALL JOINTS. ALL HE HAD TO DO IS TELL ME THE TRUTH FROM THE START INSTEAD OF WASTING ALL THIS TIME, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE ARMS I JUST RECIEVED ARE THE SAME ONES HE PROMISED ME FROM THE START.
WHY CANT YOU JUST ADMIT THAT HE WAS WRONG INSTEAD OF TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE THE BAD ONE, EVERYTHING I SAID WAS TRUE AND YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND LIE ABOUT IT OR MAYBE YOUR JUST TRYING TO STICK UP FOR YOU PARTNER AND YOUR JOB WHICH IS GREAT BUT DONT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE THE WRONG ONE. IZZY LIED EVERYTIME I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIM MAKING UP ALL THESE BULL**** EXCUSES FOR EVERYTHING, HE HAS NO BUSINESS ETHICS AT ALL.
AND AS FOR THE TRACKING NUMBER HE DID GIVE ME A FAKE NUMBER I DONT NO WHY BUT IT WAS WRONG BECAUSE IT ISNT EVEN THE SAME NUMBER THATS ON THE BOX HE SENT, WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SOME DUMB **** LIKE THAT.

OH AND WHO THE **** IS THIS DUMB *** TELL ME TO BE PATIENT AND CALLING ME AN *******. WHO THE **** ARE YOU DO YOU EVEN NO ME, WHY DONT YOU COME DOWN TO BALTIMORE AND SAY THAT **** YOU LITTLE ***** I'LL TEAR YOU A NEW *******. I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING THOUGH YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE A-ARMS THEY PROLLY ARE SQUEAKY LOOSE AND PIECES OF CRAP THAT WHY I AM TRADING THEM FOR A NEW SET OF GIBSON +3'S THE BEST ARMS YOU CAN BUY.

you dont want to spend 1500 on shock but you'll spend 1300 on a-arms. NEWBIE!

Pappy
08-25-2005, 06:05 PM
im in ellicot city all the time bud, let me know where you would like to discuss this in person.

geez, you try and help someone and get the threats...lol