PDA

View Full Version : longtravel front with stock rear ?

scottymx9
04-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Im running houser LT plus 2 a arms with Elka quad rate adj. comp. on the front and stock on rear. How could i set my rear shock to be close to compatable with the front suspension. Im 150 pounds . I loosened my preload spring on the rear end all the way to the top to lower my ride height. My ride height is six and seven eights and i havent rode my bike yet to see if it made a difference.

Shocka400ex
04-26-2005, 10:04 AM
You would have to get it revalved to your weight. I sent mine to custom axxis and had it done.

SuzukiRacr07
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Shocka400ex
You would have to get it revalved to your weight. I sent mine to custom axxis and had it done. He doesn't HAVE to. While it would help, it is definitely not a necessity. As long as you have your preload ring adjusted all the way to the top of shock, you should be good to go. Just ride it til you got the dollars for a new rear Elka; It isn't THAT bad. :cool: BTW, you'll love the setup

speednut3
04-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Another option is Derisi Racing. He can revalve and respring your stock rear shock and it works great. Its also cheaper than a new Elka.

sampleez
04-28-2005, 08:47 AM
gt thunder also does a rear rebuild. i think it's pretty cheap too.

scottymx9
04-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks alot for all the ideas.

mountaineer
04-28-2005, 05:29 PM
whats the website for the pictures ha?

RG #43
04-29-2005, 09:45 AM
You could get the Elka Linkage to go with the stock shock, they will tell you ya nee their shock, but it really tames the rear end down. It will also soften it up and lower your ride height at the rear. I have a YFZ, so not sure if results would be the same on other makes, I have one complete with Elka front and rear w/linkage, and the other with Elka fronts and the stock rear w/linkage. Both set ups work wonders.

DieScarred
04-30-2005, 01:19 PM
The rebuild aint cheap, but much cheaper than a rear shock. Im running JB/Elka and have a stock rear not revalved. Bring the preload ring all the way to the top of the shock body. This will soften the shock a little, but will also lower your ride height in the rear to compensate with your new front end.