PDA

View Full Version : XC front end

Bush0102
04-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Ok well I made my decision on shocks, but now i need to look for a good set of +1 or +.5 a-arms. What are some features i am looking for? I was kinda focusing on ARS-FX, Janssen, and Houser.

Why are the ARS-FX so much more expensive?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I not familiar with the Janssen arms so I can't comment on them.. I like the quality of the housers and the ars-fx, lonestar is making a set of xc arms that look similar to the ars-fx. There are so many choices these days. Keep in mind the ars-fx is designed for the axis shocks.

bradley300
04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
the ars-fx is more expensive because you are buying a total package. a-arms, shocks and i think you get a steering stem too.

Bush0102
04-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
the ars-fx is more expensive because you are buying a total package. a-arms, shocks and i think you get a steering stem too.

OK i didnt realize that. And i take it the shocks are axis. has ARS released their swingarms yet or are they still in development?

FST uses Janssen arms and swingers on their quads, i've heard they are basically Denton Racing stuff with Janssen stickers so i dont know.

Yeah i saw the pictures of the LSR XC arms from the indy show, but they are probably going to be really damn expensive.

Looks like I will probably wind up with the housers. Would yall reccomend LT arms for XC or will standard travel work well?

and Dusty, could you PM me with prices on Houser, Roll, Burgard, Janssen, LSR, and Laeger arms in a +1 or +1/2 width? Oh yeah its for an 05 450R. I realize you may not carry all of these manufacturers and they may not all make a +1, but just quote me on what you can get. And if possible, could you give me a price on the ars-fx front end pack? Thanks.

woodsman250r
04-26-2005, 12:14 PM
I would go with Laegers. I have the +1 on my R and have not had a single problem with them. They also have grease zerks for the bushings which is a plus for an XC bike.

Bush0102
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
I would go with Laegers. I have the +1 on my R and have not had a single problem with them. They also have grease zerks for the bushings which is a plus for an XC bike.

i would be afraid of the zerks somehow getting broken off

woodsman250r
04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
It is pretty unlikely that they would break off. Laeger, houser and others wouldn't put them there if they were subject to breaking. In the event that one did somehow break off, just get a drill bit that fits the original hole and replace it with a new zerk. They are very cheap and you can get them at most hardware stores. If you are unsure of the size bit to use or zerk, I am sure you could contact Laeger and they would tell you.

bradley300
04-27-2005, 05:25 AM
you may still want to look at ars-fx, as its actually a pretty competitve price as opposed to buying another set of LT a-arms and LT shocks from somewhere else.

i know chris borich has a ars-fx swinger, but i'm not positive if they have been released to the public yet.

dantwo
04-28-2005, 08:23 AM
The Lone Star XC a-arms retail for $838.80 powdercoated.

WOOLIN
04-28-2005, 08:29 AM
I have a set of GT Thunder LT arms and Elka shocks that will be for sale soon. They are +.5

Bush0102
04-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
you may still want to look at ars-fx, as its actually a pretty competitve price as opposed to buying another set of LT a-arms and LT shocks from somewhere else.

i know chris borich has a ars-fx swinger, but i'm not positive if they have been released to the public yet.

do you think i'll have to wait for the shocks if i bought the front end? i'm leaning towards ars-fx...they just seem like such a good brand and if i have the money i might as well get the best. i just really dont want to wait a few months for axis shocks. Oh well guess i'll just have to just be patient...hopefully if i order it in august or something i could have them in time to run the Mid South winter series...

WOOLIN
04-28-2005, 09:38 AM
If you go with the ARS-FX you will get the shocks with the arms. They won't send one without the other. As far as how long it will take to get them you should call ZBROS and see how long the wait is. (435) 753-7774 is their #.