PDA

View Full Version : Acura NSX to Ferrari F50...incredible

WKY400EX
04-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I ran across this a couple months ago, and was blown away. These asian guys turn an Acura NSX into a Ferrari F50 look-alike. It's incredible what they can do! :eek2: See for yourselves: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=54674&t=54674

There's a ton of pics, so dial-up beware.

LazeR
04-26-2005, 12:00 AM
That is awesome! They really put some time and effort into that!

250R-Dee
04-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Nothing like a slow Ferrari:blah: . Too bad the engine won't have the "prancing ponies" sound.

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:38 AM
waste of time IMO. Most car enthusiasts will spot that as a fake...

to each their own though... :confused:

bansheeguy77
04-26-2005, 04:45 AM
the nsx is way overpriced anyway. so for the price of the nsx plus all that stuff they did it would be a waste not to just buy an original

Cody_300ex
04-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Pretty badass looking car!!! They did a damn good job.

sharkinthepool
04-26-2005, 05:41 AM
They did a very good job on that! All the reliability of an acura and the looks of a bad *** road machine. To each is own!!!

Mxjunkie
04-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Amazing what you can do with a little foam and fiber glass, I wouldnt mind having on of those :cool:

Flynbryan19
04-26-2005, 07:00 AM
anyone ever hits that thing its gonna fly into a million pieces.:huh

Mxjunkie
04-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
anyone ever hits that thing its gonna fly into a million pieces.:huh

Not with the bondo and fiberglass, granted its going to crack but it wont fly apart, most of your body kits are either foam/fiberglass or the new rubber pieces. On some cars they actually have foam pieces inside the door skins and in front of the hood behind the grill, its suppose to cut down on injurys when your in a accident.

zephead400ex
04-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Damn, that's pretty cool.

Ralph
04-26-2005, 10:25 AM
anyone ever hits that thing its gonna fly into a million pieces.
let me state the obvious and say that the foam is only to make the mold, then they made the fiberglass panels and installed them without the foam underneith

Matt37
04-26-2005, 02:20 PM
looks like a bondo bandit to me :blah:

blaster_rider68
04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
waste of time IMO. Most car enthusiasts will spot that as a fake...
exactly what i was thinking:ermm:

Juggalo
04-26-2005, 03:50 PM
kit cars are nothing new...nor are they somethin cool for that matter. i see a guy cruisin around here sometimes who has a lamborghini countach on a fiero platform. on ebay a while ago there was a porsche on some crappy body too.

Tommy 17
04-26-2005, 03:52 PM
it looks really good and he did a VERY nice job but its a fake... i'd rather have seen him make his own design instead of copying something...

Ralph
04-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
kit cars are nothing new...nor are they somethin cool for that matter. i see a guy cruisin around here sometimes who has a lamborghini countach on a fiero platform. on ebay a while ago there was a porsche on some crappy body too.

thats not the incredible part, he pretty much did the same thing the ferrari designers did, mold the whole car out of foam and ****. that takes talent.

MOFO
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
thats not the incredible part, he pretty much did the same thing the ferrari designers did, mold the whole car out of foam and ****. that takes talent.

the F50 is not made out of bondo and fiberglass...

its all carbon fiber.

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:14 PM
ahh what the heck, I'm bored...

look at this and tell me its a good copy - or even a waste of time.

F50 specs

Wheelbase: 2580 mm. (101.6")
Length: 4480 mm. (176.4")
Width: 1986 mm. (78.2")
Height: 1120 mm. (44.1")

NSX Specs

Wheelbase 99.6 in. (off 2")
Length 174.2 in. (off 2.2")
Width 71.3 in. (off 6.9")
Height 46.1 in. (off 2")

pretty close, however the width is WAY off and the following pic's show that....as well as all of the details you'll see where they are WAY off.

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:15 PM
fake F50 side

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
real F50 side

note that the F50 is an open cockpit... :rolleyes:

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
fake F50 rear

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:17 PM
real F50 rear

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
fake F50 front

LMFAO!!! Take note they couldn't even mount the lower Ferrari horse correctly! Spend all that time and money and not even get a small easy detail like this correct.

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
real F50 front

MOFO
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
I'll never understand kit cars....especially something like this. Its a poser car - no different than a kid down the street re badging his Honda that has a BMW body kit wedged on it with BMW badges. If you cant afford the car, please dont make your own.

The F50 was a special car for Ferrari... this is just a slap in the face to them IMO.

Matt37
04-26-2005, 04:49 PM
I'll never understand kit cars....especially something like this. Its a poser car - no different than a kid down the street re badging his Honda that has a BMW body kit wedged on it with BMW badges. If you cant afford the car, please dont make your own.

Couldn't agree more. your pics really show the flaws in the kit car nice job. And yea i doubt ferrari uses bondo on their cars...LOL. I dont even wanna know what those people spent making that kit car :eek2:

Rdhanded2
04-26-2005, 05:04 PM
True, but think about all the Tang he is gonna get by superficial chicks who don't know the difference. Priceless!

wilkin250r
04-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Nice work, but personally I think it would have been better if he didn't try to make it EXACTLY like the F50, complete with Ferrari trim and logo.

As a body kit, very nice. Much better than the cheesy ground-effects and neon kits.

As a Ferrari, it sucks scrotum...

Ralph
04-26-2005, 06:18 PM
You guys look into everything way too much, the reason its pretty cool is cause i guarantee you could not do that. and that goes for myself and alot of members of this site.

and wether the real is made of carbon fibre or not, its the same type of design process, except clay is used now adays and then molds are made from the clay. I dunno but if u ask me foam boards are alot harder to shape and form than a piece of clay.

i dont care if it looks different, doesnt matter if it is wider, doesnt matter if it looks cool or gay. they process is very interesting and deffinatly deserves some recognition. this isnt just a kit car either. it is to a point but its not like he bought the pieces and zipped tied them on(like most idiots do), he made them...

now you could post 8 more pictures or i could write three more paragraphs but it doesnt matter cause no one's views are getting changed.

400exredrider
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
most people wouldent be fooled after they heard it,,, ferrari has a very distinctive sound,.,,, especially th F50

Matt37
04-26-2005, 06:42 PM
I dont think anybody would actually think that was an f50 :rolleyes: But hey for the people that like it i guess whatever floats your boat. It sure is not my cup of tea ill tell you that.

MOFO
04-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
You guys look into everything way too much, the reason its pretty cool is cause i guarantee you could not do that. and that goes for myself and alot of members of this site.

and wether the real is made of carbon fibre or not, its the same type of design process, except clay is used now adays and then molds are made from the clay. I dunno but if u ask me foam boards are alot harder to shape and form than a piece of clay.

i dont care if it looks different, doesnt matter if it is wider, doesnt matter if it looks cool or gay. they process is very interesting and deffinatly deserves some recognition. this isnt just a kit car either. it is to a point but its not like he bought the pieces and zipped tied them on(like most idiots do), he made them...

now you could post 8 more pictures or i could write three more paragraphs but it doesnt matter cause no one's views are getting changed.

Ok, so its cool because you think most people can't do it? There are plenty of things that people can do that most cant... that does not make it cool. No point...

As for forming the foam, trust me, its not very difficult to form block foam when you have the right tools. This is my fathers business, making molds for specialty exterior finishes and plaster... this is something most people can do with the proper amount of time and money. I dont see what is so interesting with this process...its been around for a LONG time and applies to so many industry's.

My point is, why try to make a "fake" - its a fake no matter what you do to it. Whats the point? To say, hey look, I almost made a fake Ferrari? Why not do your own design as someone mentioned before - be original with the talent. Who are they really fooling with it? All I was doing is pointing out how bad of a fake it was...keeping in mind how much work and time they put into it.

BTW, there are plenty of "kit" cars that are created just like this...

Ralph
04-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Ok, so its cool because you think most people can't do it? There are plenty of things that people can do that most cant... that does not make it cool. No point...

As for forming the foam, trust me, its not very difficult to form block foam when you have the right tools. This is my fathers business, making molds for specialty exterior finishes and plaster... this is something most people can do with the proper amount of time and money. I dont see what is so interesting with this process...its been around for a LONG time and applies to so many industry's.

My point is, why try to make a "fake" - its a fake no matter what you do to it. Whats the point? To say, hey look, I almost made a fake Ferrari? Why not do your own design as someone mentioned before - be original with the talent. Who are they really fooling with it? All I was doing is pointing out how bad of a fake it was...keeping in mind how much work and time they put into it.

BTW, there are plenty of "kit" cars that are created just like this...

i agree, i thought the same thing about how he should have made his own design. I have more respect for him than i do for some of the rich people i know with ferraris and other fancy cars that dont even know what they own, only reason they got it is because they could. Im sure this guy isnt very rich so he works for what he wants.

toby400ex
04-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Shoulda used all that foam to make a Floating NSX. Then it would kick ***. And maybe a sushi bar on the spoiler.:huh

SlapNutz
04-26-2005, 10:11 PM
donnt undrestand :cuss:

Honda4trax250x
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Heres a kit car for ya'

1985 Chevy Suburban to a Hummer on 37 inch tires and streetlocks

zedicus00
04-27-2005, 07:36 AM
its sorta cool though i liked the nsx better as an nsx. im not sure y sumone would say its over priced though. its a non turboed v-6 that will keep up with almost any american muscle on the strip and blow it away on a track.

Matt37
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
its sorta cool though i liked the nsx better as an nsx. im not sure y sumone would say its over priced though. its a non turboed v-6 that will keep up with almost any american muscle on the strip and blow it away on a track.

NSX's are WWWAAAYYY over priced. The MSRP for the new 05's is just under 80 grand :eek2: . Rip off if you ask me you dont get enough performance for it to be that price. I guess that is why acura is struggling selling them.

WKY400EX
04-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
Heres a kit car for ya'

1985 Chevy Suburban to a Hummer on 37 inch tires and streetlocks I don't think those kits are available anymore are they? I would like to see the specs between the '85 Suburban and Hummer side by side.

JLanphear
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Q. Why did they do it???????

A. BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO!!!!!!

And even though that should sum up everything, I will throw in my own opinion. So what, it doesn't look exactly like a Ferarri....you are talking about a few guys (or however many) in a shop custom making parts to fit on a TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR (and fit and function) appearing to only have a tiny model to work from. DUH! Even if you brought that car to Ferarri they couldn't take make it look just like an F50 inch for inch.

Is it something I would personally do? No....I would much rather have the NSX as an NSX than a fake F50, but guess what....It's THEIR car, and THEIR choice. Apparently people are into doing crap like that since in fact these Replica body kits exist. So what is we don't agree with it, it's not our choice.

No one here has to agree with it, but these guys should be applauded for at least coming up with an idea and making it happen. It's obvious they spent a lot of time on it, and I'm sure it was not easy. If someone here wants to disagree I challenge them to do better.

Again, for the record, I'm not saying that I think it looks like a Ferarri, and I'm not saying that they performed a miracle. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be crapped on for doing what they want to do with their car.

-Josh

mx400
04-27-2005, 02:12 PM
why do more and more people want a ferrari? NSX conversion into a F40 or F50 are old and outdated. Supra(MKIII) into a testaroso is old. MR2 into a testaroso. Its about as body as the kit cars in my opinion.

If you want a ferrari bad enough you'll buy one.

WKY400EX
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I know the car isn't the real thing, but I respect those guys for their hard work and talent. Regardless if it's a fake F50, they did put a lot of hard work and effort into that thing. I do think that with the amount of talent those guys have, they should have created a more exotic, one-off body design, but to each his own.