PDA

View Full Version : Question on Oregon Dunes!!!!!!

2qk4u
05-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Just wanting to know if anyone knows how far it is from Spokane, WA to the dunes in Oregon. Just a rough idea. thanks

Blackguywithouta400
05-16-2002, 09:33 PM
well spokane is about 250 miles from my house or about 3.5 hrs then the Sandlake is about 4 hrs from here, we went to florence pulling a 30ft trailer avg about 75mph it took us about 6hrs so its not close the best choice would be to go to Sand Lakes its the closes, im sure you could take some other roads and drop down into Oregon and cut some time off that way but the bottom line Its far. I think sand lakes is like 1.5 - 2 hrs from Portland im not positive but thats pretty close.

JOEX
05-17-2002, 12:07 AM
Sounds like Blackguyona400 has it about right. Sandlake is a full 2 hours from my driveway in Oregon City to the SL parking lot.

If you are planning a few days type of trip Sandlake would be fine. But if you're planning a longer trip going farther south might a better choice. There is much more sand :)

Also, if you are going on the weekend I would discourage going to Sandlake just because of it's relative small size and closeness to Portland.

Have fun,

Joe

chad400ex
05-21-2002, 05:32 PM
I think you're looking at about an 11 hour drive. It takes me about 7 hours to get to Spokane from Portland, including gas stops. And, it's about 3.5 to 4 hours to the Dunes from Portland. Sand Lake is 90 miles from Portland.

airheadedduner
05-30-2002, 10:45 PM
If you are already coming that far you might as well go to florence or coos bay or winchester. Sand lake is tiny, you will enjoy the southern dunes much better.:blah

400EXManiac
06-27-2002, 11:41 AM
It shouldn't take more than three hours to get from Portland to Florence.

Just take I-5 to Eugene/Springfield, then hit Highway 126 to Florence.

Portland to Eugene = 2 hours
Eugene to Florence = 1 hour