PDA

View Full Version : New 450r hard to start??

Evil_Apoc
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Just bought a trx450r, coming from a predator. Usually takes a few cranks to start it. 4-5 almost every time.

Is this normal? The quad idles fine and runs great.

Also, im in canada, so its still pretty cold and wet. This part of my problem? Still happens when its warmed up tho.

thanks in advance for any advice.

04-25-2005, 08:32 PM
when first getting on it try choking it and pumping throttle 2 to 3 times before kicking her...also keep in mind your valves may not be fully seated yet so it should get easier to kick the more you ride it. I can do mine now almost with my hand and i'm by no means strong

400EXracer74
04-26-2005, 12:06 AM
i never give it gas when im starting it no matter what. cold or hot never and thats what i have heard from other people too. just turn the choke on and it starts right up when its cold and when its hot push in the hot start button and it should start right up. also temperature could have something to do with it and new also. ive had mine for a week and ridden about 15 hours on it and it starts better now than it did when it was new

Meek
04-26-2005, 12:09 AM
They are a real pain to start right off of the truck at the Dealership, but they get easyer to start the more that they are ran.

Evil_Apoc
04-26-2005, 06:16 AM
thanks for all the infor guys, im gonna go out and play with her :D

04-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 400EXracer74
i never give it gas when im starting it no matter what. cold or hot never and thats what i have heard from other people too. just turn the choke on and it starts right up when its cold and when its hot push in the hot start button and it should start right up. also temperature could have something to do with it and new also. ive had mine for a week and ridden about 15 hours on it and it starts better now than it did when it was new

yeah, just turn on the choke and kick it (when it's cold)........sorry 400exracer, that does not work at all. Well, yeah, it does work, but you have to kick it 20-30 times.
When cold outside, pump throttle 2 0r 3 times BEFORE kicking, and she'll fire right up with a couple kicks.

MR.BIG
04-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Mine always starts first or second kick. Don't pump the throttle just put the choke on and kick it.

Evil_Apoc
04-27-2005, 04:35 PM
She starts no problem now, even cold.. Guess it just needed some use and abu... err... tender loving care...

I love it :D

IMCanadian
04-28-2005, 07:48 AM
I got my bike in December when the temperature was -30 Celcius. No problems starting it at all. Always on the second kick. Glad to hear it is starting easier now.

awj8074
04-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by force
yeah, just turn on the choke and kick it (when it's cold)........sorry 400exracer, that does not work at all. Well, yeah, it does work, but you have to kick it 20-30 times.
When cold outside, pump throttle 2 0r 3 times BEFORE kicking, and she'll fire right up with a couple kicks. you keep pumping the gas before you start it and you will find out why eveyone tells you not too.

04-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by awj8074
you keep pumping the gas before you start it and you will find out why eveyone tells you not too.

kiss my grits

03dynasty
04-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Anybody with an edelbrock (no choke) have starting problems? I have one on my z400 and it seems to start easier than with the stock choke setup...just curious.