PDA

View Full Version : I broke something i think it was the hub

yellowrider
05-16-2002, 09:03 PM
ok i was jumping today and by george i said i had nothing to loose and i got off looked at my 4 wheeler and just took a good look at it no cracks or anything and i was just racing my engine then i poped the clutch 1,2,3,4,5 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW i was flying i can not believe i hit it that fast i just went up up up go a little wet and kept going up i landed it and slaped my nuts and i hit the brakes ( well whatever i got left that stoping me) i was like wow and i just sit there and just thought what i had done Bud and Jim thought i was hurt so theiy came over there and i was ok they told me that i was over my limit and my limit is usally 4-6 feet they told me i was way over my limit hehehe i dont know how high i was or nor i will never do it again wiht stock suspensine but it just flew i didnt have to put any body language into it it did all the work by itself well i got home i filled it up with gas checked the oil and then i oiled the chain and i looked over all my stuff and put wd 40 ever where that has a moving part cause i couldnt figure out what was making so much darn noise ... then i just hit my toire with my foot on a accident and it MOVED !!! i was like what they heYYY.. its not supposed to do that is it?

the axle is ok and does not appear bent but!! that little red thing that hold the rim moves like a mm or soemthing i mean you wouldnt never be able to tell it by riding or anything .. i dotn know how long it has been like that .. i was wondering if t hat is normal or should i get it fixed right away or what should i do ??? how much do they cost and what kind of hub should i get ...???

or is it even called a hub its the red thing that hooks the rim to the axle... can anyone please give me any information?? PLesase as fast as you can

05-16-2002, 09:07 PM
i have that problem with mine i just tighten up the nut every month or so.

JustRace
05-16-2002, 09:08 PM
You probably just have to tighten the hub down.

yellowrider
05-17-2002, 03:53 AM
hey how do you tighen the hub up??? i am glad their is nothing worng wiht it thoiugh you guiys are a life saver thinks for telling me what to do you know what i even bent my handle bars isn't that horrible!!!

05-17-2002, 04:59 AM
There is a big bolt in the center of your rim with a codder pin through it all you have to d is remove the codder pin then tighter the bolt then put a codder pin back into the holes once you have it lined up. That should take care of your problem.