PDA

View Full Version : it sputters in 1st

kxrider
05-16-2002, 08:24 PM
i have a 1994 kx125, and it is very fast except when i am in 1st gear and i give it full throttle, it sputters until it redlines the rmps then is is fine, i brought it into the local shop and they adjusted the Carb to run leaner, and it was fine for about a week, then it went back to its old ways, if you have any suggestions please let me know

Deathbringer
05-17-2002, 01:36 AM
I think it almost sounds like you may have a dirty line, or tank, or carb, or jets are plugged.. something like that... Hard to say but I would go for a good cleaning and take apart everything and inspect it..

Hope that helps

$$$moneyex
05-17-2002, 10:30 AM
maybe if it isnt warmed up it might do that. my dads gota 300ex and when its cold it does the same thing

02REDEXRIDER
05-17-2002, 10:48 AM
i would say your jets in the carb are stuck open a lil and its wanting to flood and maybe even fouling the plug, , and when you redline it is burning it faster, you should take apart carb and clean it real good:cool:

kxrider
05-18-2002, 10:45 AM
yeah i brought it to the shop and they worked on the carburator and they said it was the fuel needle was bent so they replaced it and it was fine, but in about a week it started doing it again maybe i should change the jets?