PDA

View Full Version : new shock springs

scramblerracer
04-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Anyone know where I can get a set of springs for a 05 TLD predator that are set for 250 lbs rider? I love the predator but it shouldn't be set up for a 175 lbs rider when it is also a fatty compared to the other bikes. Thanks Josh

GE4x4
04-25-2005, 05:59 PM
I believe HPD and Hot seat have springs for the Pred. Did you turn up your compression? Stiffen the preload?

Big Chuck
04-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Scrambleracer, I just ordered springs from HPD today as I am in the same boat as you are, I am 6'5" and with all my race gear on like 300 pounds. They also suggested using a heavier oil in all the shocks because of my weight. Two weeks ago was the deciding factor for me. I was racing the Big Buck GNCC in S.C. and took so many hits that I eventually compressed my back and pinched a nerve. Had to drop out of the race at the 3rd lap. The problem is that I have to compress my springs so far so that I don't bottom out that I am losing a buttload of travel. I was going to get the XC valving kit that they sell, but the tech there said that I wouldn't notice any difference, just use the heavier oil that they sell. So we will see soon. Call them, they will be able to help you. It is like $370.00 for my kit. Later...

Big Chuck
04-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Scrambleracer, I just ordered springs from HPD today as I am in the same boat as you are, I am 6'5" and with all my race gear on like 300 pounds. They also suggested using a heavier oil in all the shocks because of my weight. Two weeks ago was the deciding factor for me. I was racing the Big Buck GNCC in S.C. and took so many hits that I eventually compressed my back and pinched a nerve. Had to drop out of the race at the 3rd lap. The problem is that I have to compress my springs so far so that I don't bottom out that I am losing a buttload of travel. I was going to get the XC valving kit that they sell, but the tech there said that I wouldn't notice any difference, just use the heavier oil that they sell. So we will see soon. Call them, they will be able to help you. It is like $370.00 for my kit. Later...

scramblerracer
04-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys. I will be calling HPD very soon. I also have been preloading the shocks so they won't bottom out at every jump or creek, I just don't like living with such a harsh ride. I don't want to go to aftermarket shocks because I race stock class in Missouri Harescrambles and we have to run stock shocks. Thanks again Josh

the predator
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
c&d racing (sponsor of this site) are a local shop and can hook you up!! they are pretty reasonable priced too, less expensive then HPD...and they'll install them for you i believe!! their number is 402-614-2508