PDA

View Full Version : 300ex rev limiter - advance timing?

tolson
04-25-2005, 03:08 PM
i bought a aftermark rev limiiter and i'm woundering if it advances the timing. i've been having problems getting my new 330kit twecked. i used and timing gun and with the aftermarket rev limiter and the F mark is advanced. when i put the stock back on the F is right. should that happend or is the rev limiter already bunk.

i been having jetting, running hot and lean, problems. the head is port/polish, full e-bros exhaust (just took 4 discs out) running 8, mild web cam, 148 jet, needle in the middle, 4 1-1/4" holes in the air box.

i'm running VP and can't really get a good plug reading. i don't want to start fouling plugs but i don't want to burn it up.

anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dork
04-27-2005, 11:52 PM
what brand is it? i've heard of quite a few of these aftermarket cdi's for the 300ex either not working at all or having weird problems like erratic timing. they seem to made overseas(not japan) and not always of the best quality. does it run better with the stock cdi? also, what is your compression, you may not need that extra advance if its over 10:1 and with your mild cam.

tolson
04-28-2005, 06:14 AM
i got it off ebay from sledpartsguy? probably stupid. it runs fine with the stock cdi but i am hitting the rev limiter. i'm running FST 330kit with i believe 10:5:1, similiar to stock. i did not get the high compression piston because i wanted to be able to run 92 if needed. i run vp 102 for racing to try and combat some heat issues that i have. i have an oil cooler and am trying jet on the side of rich, but having problems getting there. i don't want to burn the piston and don't want to start fouling plugs.