PDA

View Full Version : Engine Grease

Flip_SideEX
04-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Im installing a hotcam into my 400, and the directions in my 400 manual say to use this special grease. But I do not have this grease and I was wondering if I used a different grease on the cam that it would effect anything? The grease that I would use would be a racing synthetic one, silkoline (sp). It says to use on external parts such as, swingarmbolt, shock mounts, etc. So can I use this grease or should I go out and buy the one that it says in the manual so I do it right.

K_Fulk
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Does it say to use moly assembly lube? I couldnt find any around here last tiem I had my motor apart.

If your gonna start it right away after you put it together you should be ok with pouring oil over it.

Flip_SideEX
04-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes I think it did say to use moly grease, but I'll check later when I go down to the shop cause im sitting in study hall right now.

T.Hopp
04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Engine assembly lube is what you need. Any auto parts store has it. It mostly comes in a soft tube and is usually found with the RTV sealants. This grease slowly dissolves after comming in contact w/ engine oil. Saturating the parts in oil during assembly will work fine also.

Flip_SideEX
04-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Ill probably just let it soak for most of the hour and then put it in at the end. I dont have the time and the money to be making sure everything is perfect, but I should be good.