PDA

View Full Version : works shox with out rezzies?

2k2-300exnj
05-16-2002, 07:21 PM
i was looking into getting some works dual rate steelers with out rezzies. is this a good idea? i ride trails and occasional mx. i want to get the front and rear at the same time does works make a rear shock that is dual rate wit h out a rezzie because i am on a budget. i jump like 10 foot doubles and kinda small stuff getting about 4 feet of air but that is only because i dont want to kill my suspension or i would go higher. i am 180lbs but if i get it set up for me would it hurt the shox when my dad rides it being at 240lbs?
he is 6'2 and i am 6'1 would this be a good idea? or should i saze for a while and get rezzies?

mysticfalcon
05-17-2002, 12:51 AM
I have works tr no rezzies set up for trails and there great on the trails but there not so hot for mx. they bottom a hair easier than stock but there the best thing ive ever done for when your on the trails they make small bumps disapear and the big bumps feel like pebbles.

oynot400
05-17-2002, 08:11 AM
I got Works triples with no ressies. They seem to be holding up great, I have never bottomed them out. However I did notice them fading at the dunes last fall. If I was to do it again I would get the ressies.
Just my thoughts....:)

DEAL
05-17-2002, 08:22 AM
If your going to be spending so much money on shocks i think your better off gettin top on the line shocks.

2k2-300exnj
05-17-2002, 02:43 PM
so they arent good for jumping? i trail ride but i ride in a lot of pits also i jump a lot. i dont really have the money and dont think i will for a while to get axis, tcs, ohlins, or elkas
i think i would get elka triples with rezzies if i had the money how much are the front triples and rear double with reazzies

400exBro
05-17-2002, 05:16 PM
Don't get dual, triple rates are way better, and if you trail ride a lot don't get rezzies becasue trails your shocks won't fade as fast as on a mx track.
As far as of top of the line stuff sure get that if you are a rich person and race Pro but if you screw around and race under any b class works will hold up excellent, i got mine set up for mx and they work the best i am getting maybe about 5-6 feet in the air and not bottoming out on flat landings, i have trs with rezzies and love em i feel the way to go for people on a spending budget and like to screw around or maybe racing in lower class well worth it the best money i ever spent.......
Bro

05-18-2002, 08:43 AM
I had triple rates---NO REZZIES for a year of nothing but MX. Ran several nationals on them and all the local races. I weigh 190-195, when I ordered them I told em what I was using them for, my weight and riding class/style. Sure I bottomed out on the huge jumps that I cased, but who would'nt. I 100% recommend for someone on a lower budget to get them!!!! I saved $$$ after buying them and am now getting a set of Stadium Series Works. Excellent in the turns, and excellent for jumps. I don't know about anyone elses, but if the shocks are valved right-----They'll work!!!!