PDA

View Full Version : Installed AC Pro Peg Nerfs w/ Heel Guards

komik
04-25-2005, 10:04 AM
I just got a set of AC Pro Peg Nerfs with Heel Guauds. I found them pretty easy to install. The only issues I had was getting the netting installed correctly. The picture they included was hard to see so I just had to figure it out myself. Was pretty easy once I figured it out. The other issue I had was the fact that I had to drill the hole thru my new pegs in order to install them. I guess this is the only way to get them to line up right. All the other bolt holes lined up right without any issues. Took me about an hour to install. Mainly cause my air compressor keep kicking the breaker out. Guess I should of used hand tools.

I picked them up for what I thought was a decent price ($250.00) for the set. I had found the other AC Pro Pegs without the Guards for ($280) from another shop but glad I got the heel guards.

komik
04-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Here is a closer view of the nerfs.

Pepto_Bismol
05-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Nice Pic's.

I ordered the AC propegs in February, and they are still on back order. They should be in this week though. What I would really like to know is the heal guards look to be somewhat shallow, and maybey a bit too far forward (close to the foot peg). Did you get this impression at all? or do they work well? How is the footpeg positioning compared to the stockers?

I'm a jumper, so I like to "lean" into my heal gaurds. I had AC propegs on my old 400 EX and liked those, but the footpegs where not integrated.

Let me know!

PS Where do you ride?

Pepto:cool:

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 01:15 AM
yes the kick plates are very close...the back of your boot will sit on the bottom bar in the back..

also you should have checked around for pricing on the pegs...I got mine shipped to me for 218..

mike

450RGNCC
05-07-2005, 09:12 AM
The only complaint that I have with my pro pegs is the heel guard. The back of my riding boots rest on these bars and put my feet at a weird position; this is most annoying when I am landing a jump and my boots hit the bars. It just feels weird. The bar closest to the back of your foot should have been extended another 1 1/2" to 2" closer to the frame. I think that I may need to do this myself to correct the problem. The footpegs rattled like crazy when I first rode, so I needed to drill a hole through the footpeg and through the mounting brackect to put a bolt in. I had tighten the bolt pretty tight before they stopped rattling. Also, the center part of the foot peg broke out so I needed to get it re-welded, and I had the guy beef up a bunch of the other welds.

05-07-2005, 10:48 PM
i got mine cheaper then all of u :blah:

Pepto_Bismol
05-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
i got mine cheaper then all of u :blah:

Hey XxHonda_RacerxX,

I was researching some older posts about nerfs, and I ran across some info that people were saying the new AC propegs with heal guards have been adjusted a bit back and down.

Right after that, you mentioned that you had a pair of propegs with the new specifications (shown on your quad which was too muddy to see).

Is that really true? Has the design really been changed / updated? What size boot do you wear?

Any additional pictures? Thanks!

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 11:42 PM
ac made a propeg with out the heel plate that is 1" back and 1" down..

Pepto_Bismol
05-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I know about those. But AC's web site is crap, and they dont't update for 5h*t. So I can't rely on that to provide any up to date information about their product (seems to be pretty common among after market ATV vendors).

Here is the thread I am referring to.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151209&highlight=Nerf+Bars

Jersey450R
05-08-2005, 06:20 AM
heres a link for those modified propegs. I was going to get these but the wait was going to be 2 months. They are in stock now though, and not a bad price either!

http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=900&catid=197

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 09:22 AM
ya those are the ones i was talking about...

I dont think they make one with the heel plates

05-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Pepto_Bismol
Hey XxHonda_RacerxX,

I was researching some older posts about nerfs, and I ran across some info that people were saying the new AC propegs with heal guards have been adjusted a bit back and down.

Right after that, you mentioned that you had a pair of propegs with the new specifications (shown on your quad which was too muddy to see).

Is that really true? Has the design really been changed / updated? What size boot do you wear?

Any additional pictures? Thanks!

i wear size 11 boots, i have no problems with the heel guards, if the design was updated or changed like people had said then i have the newest ones, because i had just bought them about 3-4 weeks after people began talking about that from a sponsor

shamisc
05-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
heres a link for those modified propegs. I was going to get these but the wait was going to be 2 months. They are in stock now though, and not a bad price either!

http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=900&catid=197

magicracing.com does have these in stock:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p4c7c9ada7543f6c62e23de4c9fc0b3b5/f45319ba.jpg

culookn
05-08-2005, 09:57 PM
looks good. ive had mine for a while and im thinking about cutting the backs off b/c they make me feel like my feet are in a weird position. alot of the time while im in the air i like to reposition my feet and i feel like they dont give me as much mobility and the standard pegs.

komik
05-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Pepto

I haven't noticed that the heel guards are too close. Then again I have size 8 boots. I mostly ride trails here in AZ where there are a ton of rocks so I like them. I have had the ones without the heel guards on my 400ex and glad I got heel guards this time, they have saved me a couple of times already. I guess if your racing I could see how they may feel close. As for the peg compared to stock it is centered at the same point but the peg is wider so it tends to be back about 1/2 or so farther back than stock. They are also about 1/2 or so higher. I had to move my shifter up one knotch after installing them so my boots would fit under it the same. So far I love them. And have added some new bends in them already due to some pretty rocky riding. But that is the least of my problems right now, since I have again had the skid plate all but removed on the last ride and broke the rear chain slider off too. As far as rattling, they first ride they did a bit so I took an old inner tube cut it up and wrapped it around the peg mount so when you slide them on it has a bit of cusion between the metals and where they slide together. No more rattle and now they don't seem to get loose either. Worked great so far.

toyota200x
05-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I love the way AC stuff looks so quality.

blake_mx_racer
05-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Where is the cheapest place to buy ac pro-peg ner bars with heel gaurd?

Blake

Martin Blair
05-10-2005, 07:21 AM
I were size 13 boots and I still think XxHonda_RacerxX propegs are to small, they need to be moved back a good 1.5-2inches to be comfortable.

You still going to Westphalia?

05-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I were size 13 boots and I still think XxHonda_RacerxX propegs are to small, they need to be moved back a good 1.5-2inches to be comfortable.

You still going to Westphalia?

for sure man, thats my favorite track :macho

DirtDevilBT
05-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
Where is the cheapest place to buy ac pro-peg ner bars with heel gaurd?

Blake

Chaparral (don't know if that's the way it's spelled) but they have ads in DW. 200 bucks with free shipping I think and if they don't have them in, C&D has them for a good price too.

I had to wrestle with mine to get them to fit, beat them with a hammer to line out the ***ing holes. Then with my size 12's the damn heel gaurds were totally in the way. I mean it was scary and unnerving. Fixed that though choppy choppy...now I love them.
http://monkeylice.com/gallery/albums/quad/laureen_0550.sized.jpg

blake_mx_racer
05-11-2005, 06:53 AM
i wear a size 13 in boots, do you think i will have to cut my heel gaurds off? If so, did you just cut them off and then file it down?

Blake

450rboy
05-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by komik
Here is a closer view of the nerfs.

lol your quad looks exactly like mine. i just put my ac pro pegs with the heel guards last week and it looks awsome.

DirtDevilBT
05-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
i wear a size 13 in boots, do you think i will have to cut my heel gaurds off? If so, did you just cut them off and then file it down?

Blake

Well, I felt VERT uncomfortable with them. I like standing on the balls of my feet when riding and with the gaurd I coulding get back far enough. Like I was standing on the heels of my feet which is not the way you want to go over woops and stuff. It's questionable, some ppl don't mind.

blake_mx_racer
05-12-2005, 06:52 AM
what is the best way to cut the heel gaurds off and still make the nerf bars look good and smooth where you cut the heel gaurd off?

Blake

DirtDevilBT
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
You will need to use an angle grinder with a cut off wheel or something else that will cut the welds. Cut them nicely and don't dig into the nerf. Then go over the remaining welds with a sanding stone like something found on a dremel. I used a heavy *** sanding pad on my cirular grinder and smoothed out the areas. That's *** far as I went, it doesn't matter much to me what they look like but if you take your time they could come out reall nice.

Pepto_Bismol
05-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Well,

After waiting for more that 3.5 months, I kept getting the ETA of two weeks, over and over again and they still on back order.

So I cancelled my order (BTW, I paid 217.00 for my would be propegs) and bought the new Apline Stars Tech 10 boots instead. Man those boots ROCK!

(I totally ruined my ankle in a crash 1 month ago, so I needed some strong support, i'll post a pic somewhere). First ride in a month today, Awesome support. WHOOT!

Most likely going to break down and spend bookoo bucks to get IMS PEgs and standard nerfs, with IMS heal guards..can you say taking it up the @$$ for ATV parts!!!!!

yamablaster24
05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I have tried just about everything when it comes to nerfs, and my pro pegs on old Magnum nerfs with no heel guards fit me like a glove. I had tried the AC with heel guards and being a size 13 i couldnt get my feet to be comftorably balanced over the peg.

jaywoodsrider
05-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Does anybody else have any problems with the nerf bar having a lot of play where it slides into the peg? One of my bars I can move up and down quite a bit, maybe I need to drill another bolt in there.

450RGNCC
05-22-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm considering putting my pegs under the knife and doing some modification to the heel guard so they clear my boots.

blake_mx_racer
05-22-2005, 10:05 PM
i did it and it really made me feel comfortable on the track, i couldnt stand the heel gaurds.

Blake

DirtDevilBT
05-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by jaywoodsrider
Does anybody else have any problems with the nerf bar having a lot of play where it slides into the peg? One of my bars I can move up and down quite a bit, maybe I need to drill another bolt in there.

Yes, it's something you can just get used to, or drive yourself crazy until you put another bolt in. It doesn't really bother me.