PDA

View Full Version : custom exhaust

nismo
04-25-2005, 10:02 AM
i have been having exhaust problems (keeps breakin off) so i have a friend who gave me a stock r6 pipe we cut it down and made it fit.
what could cause problems with this if any?
my quad is jetted, it sounds great and the throtle is crisper

i will try and get pictures up soon if i remember

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
i dont know bro if it was me i would just buy an exhaust "especially" made for your quad :) also get a pic of it

nismo
04-27-2005, 09:40 AM
well "bro" i have it on the quad and everything. :blah: please read before you asume things in my sig it already says i have an aftermarket exhaust made for my bike. (not trying to be a jerk)

what i was asking was if changing the pipe could mess up my values or motor b/c difference in back pressure ?
(i believe this pipe has a little more then my white brothers) i did cut the pump through system at the end of the pipe off so i dont think it made that much of a difference.
i havent got to ride with it yet b/c i am waiting for my rad rear carrier to get here. :macho

i have a picture but i am not sure how to post it since it is on my harddrive not hosted on a page if anyone could help me out

nismo
04-27-2005, 10:46 AM
http://woot.linuxinit.net/bike.jpg

400exrider707
04-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by nismo
well "bro" i have it on the quad and everything. :blah: please read before you asume things in my sig it already says i have an aftermarket exhaust made for my bike. (not trying to be a jerk)

what i was asking was if changing the pipe could mess up my values or motor b/c difference in back pressure ?
(i believe this pipe has a little more then my white brothers) i did cut the pump through system at the end of the pipe off so i dont think it made that much of a difference.
i havent got to ride with it yet b/c i am waiting for my rad rear carrier to get here. :macho

No it wont hurt anything at all. Get some close up pics of that thing when you get a chance.

i have a picture but i am not sure how to post it since it is on my harddrive not hosted on a page if anyone could help me out

400exrider707
04-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by nismo

No it wont hurt anything at all. Get some close up pics of that thing when you get a chance.

z400roosteR
04-27-2005, 12:28 PM
What'd you do run it off a cliff?

04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
400exrider707 please refer to johnny g's post in the open forum...

With that said, YOU DO NEED TO CHECK YOUR PLUG! you need to make sure that you are running not rich or lean.. lean will hurt your motor, and i would be willing to bet that it is now lean.. you opened up the exhuast, which will require a jet change..

common people THINK!

Jesse

RiderTRX400ex
04-27-2005, 02:52 PM
where is your e series broke? at the mounting bracket on the can? the aluminum mounting bracket i assumse... mine was cracking, so i have my dad weld it up... yes alum welder...

2muchquad
04-28-2005, 03:14 AM
as long as you are jetted correctly you'll be fine,aint nothing wrong with a custom exhaust,if it had a "tc" tag on it people would be all over it.most quad riders tend to buy what the pros are running or what thet read inthe mags.bottomline is most silencers consist ofa canister with a core wrapped in packing.period they all do the same thing.period.looks good i like it:D

400exrider707
04-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
400exrider707 please refer to johnny g's post in the open forum...

With that said, YOU DO NEED TO CHECK YOUR PLUG! you need to make sure that you are running not rich or lean.. lean will hurt your motor, and i would be willing to bet that it is now lean.. you opened up the exhuast, which will require a jet change..

common people THINK!

Jesse

Ok well obviously it needs to be jetted, but in his first post at the top it says jetted, I couldn't find his post in the open forum, although I dont see what it matters. How could you possibly know that this guy didn't jet it properly. Jeesh:rolleyes:

nismo
04-28-2005, 10:05 AM
i'll try and get a close up pic. it sounds nice when it idles it is like a harley(not as loud but the same sound) yes i am goin to check the plug and rejet. no i didnt run it off a cliff as someone asked i think i broke the rear carrier.

the white brothers broke at the mounting braket on top of the can where the mid pipe connects and the bottom braket as well (not all at the same time and i did weld it many times, its just not strong enough):macho

pics maybe tomorrow(im in class right now)

any idea what jets to start with?

04-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Ok well obviously it needs to be jetted, but in his first post at the top it says jetted, I couldn't find his post in the open forum, although I dont see what it matters. How could you possibly know that this guy didn't jet it properly. Jeesh:rolleyes:

his motor was jetted for his PREVIOUS pipe, and NOT for the one he has now.. 2 different pipes, 2 different jettings..

Jesse

ReconRider25
04-29-2005, 09:48 PM
his motor was jetted for his PREVIOUS pipe, and NOT for the one he has now.. 2 different pipes, 2 different jettings..

he also said he hasent rode it yet so he obviously hasent been able to jet it yet.:o