PDA

View Full Version : yamaha warrior quits running

skinny9976
04-25-2005, 08:40 AM
97 yamaha warrior 350 runs for about 1 hr. -------- dies, wont start again for about 15-20 mins., -------- seems the regulator/rectifier is getting hot, and as soon as it is cool, it will run again untill it gets hot again.
does anyone have any ideas, please help.

thank you, skinny.

:devil:

RiderTRX400ex
04-25-2005, 05:38 PM
does it struggle and die? or just completely all of a sudden "shut down" ?

rap686
04-25-2005, 09:31 PM
First you need to know if you are dealing with spark or fuel?
Run it until it dies remove air filter give it a quick shot of carb clean and try to start. If it starts or trys its fuel check out carb and fuel supply. If it dosn't its Ing let cool down check all wiring first if ok start up cold and using a heat gun or hair drier carefully (don't melt them) heat each Ing part you can get to untill it dies.If it dosn't it's time to get out the tools to get to the hidden stuff.You can check this stuff the same way with a meter and heat but at this point it may be easier to just replace it.
The above is for us cheep fokes, just replacing all the parts one at a time works also.

skinny9976
04-26-2005, 06:58 AM
it does do a little strugling before it quits, not much notice though. it will miss some, then when you let off the gas it will just die. ------------ but rember reg./rectifier is getting pretty hot.

:ermm:

skinny9976
04-27-2005, 03:15 PM
did the hair dryer trick on it, the thing kept running.

can anyoe help me.

:scary:

Rich250RRacer
04-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Warriors have stator problems (all years). They will still make spark, but the timing gets thrown off enough to keep them from starting at times. I've replaced two of them for customers.

tro_400
04-27-2005, 04:53 PM
fix it by getting a new one;)

beatle5
04-18-2008, 08:20 PM
i was having a similar problem and it turned out to be my gas cap wasnt letting air out like its supposed to. so it would just shut off out of nowhere and then id have to let it sit for 10 mins before i could start it, then i was sitting on it and decided to check to see if i still had gas in it and i noticed the fuel filter fill right up so i blew the gas cap out with an air hose and got the air flowing again. i dont know if this is your problem but it could be.

CSR400EX
04-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by beatle5
i was having a similar problem and it turned out to be my gas cap wasnt letting air out like its supposed to. so it would just shut off out of nowhere and then id have to let it sit for 10 mins before i could start it, then i was sitting on it and decided to check to see if i still had gas in it and i noticed the fuel filter fill right up so i blew the gas cap out with an air hose and got the air flowing again. i dont know if this is your problem but it could be.
had the same problem with my dad's bike, he put a really long hose on the cap and it melted on the header and vapor locked the gas tank. had to ride home with the cap loose

04-20-2008, 06:32 PM
hey dude i got the same problem with my 98 warrior im putin it in the shop tuesday to get new rings and an biger bore if its putin out white smoke to thats most likely your problem