PDA

View Full Version : 300EX TC exhaust

blake_mx_racer
04-25-2005, 08:13 AM
I was wondering where i could purchase a TC exhaust for my 300EX? If you can give me some sites or numbers to call.

Blake

kyleschonert
05-01-2005, 04:05 PM
tcracingengines.com is the site, it gives you a number. The only honda exhuast they hvae on there if for the 450R. You'll have to call them. Personally id just buy a supertrapp shorty exhuast. B/c if you look closley at the pic.s of i thnik the 450R on that site, it may be the YFZ, there the same pipe. Check out both pics. and you'll see the supertrapp emblem. The supertrapp is cheaper than the tc from what ive heard also. And the same guy owns both companies. just my $.02

05-05-2005, 05:31 PM
yes,the TC pipes are just supertrapps with a tc sticker over the logo. I have a tc racing pipe on my 452ex and i love it, best power ive ever seen from just an exhaust. also, tom carlson doesnt own supertrapp.

kyleschonert
05-05-2005, 08:34 PM
You sure, im pretty sure ive seen supertrapp adds and it has his picture that says hes the owner of TC racing. But i guess hes not. But yea, they are great pipes, i wish i could find one for mine, but there site looks like its not done or something.

05-06-2005, 08:13 AM
yea the TC site is weird, it has alot of pages and features with nothing on them. haha, and you can get the pipes from Supertrapp if TC wont make one for your quad. If you call them TC would probably rig one up for you though.theres one on ebay for the 400ex/300ex/250x that would probably fit anything with a little work. Search 400ex exhaust under parts and accersories

05-06-2005, 08:29 AM
ive also noticed that many riders that use the TC race system arent running the shorty''s anymore, there running the full length with the discs exposed and not the open end cap. Jason Dunkleberger,Pat Brown, and a few other riders have switched to the regular system u can get directly from supertrapp. not sure why, but just thought i would say that. ha. www.supertrapp.com , if they dont make one for your quad then get a universal fit.

TCracin440ex
05-06-2005, 02:28 PM
the reasoning behind the pros not running the tc shorty anymore is because of db level thats bein enforced on the pros...everybody knows how loud the TC exhaust is...and its well over 102 db and thats the pros db limit...next year 06 nats. the 102 db level will be enforced on all racers.

there are i think 2 racers that were running the TC exhaust with the open endcap not with the disks....i know for a fact gil attix is 1 of them that has the open endcap on the new TC, and I think jason luburg is the other...Dustin wimmer might have ran the open end cap back when TC was building his motors first half of the season, but now Sparks is building wimmers motors

check some of the pics here on exriders of the new style TC with the opend end cap...i still like the shorty better

kyleschonert
05-06-2005, 02:39 PM
yep, your right alloy mx 428, i saw in an add to do that carlson doesnt own supertrapp. But yea, there were a few guys runnin the tc long pipes, the shorties look much better, but are way to loud for that new rule. And i think the other guy runnin one is Travis Spader, im pretty sure he was earlier in the season.

dork
05-12-2005, 12:17 AM
tc just uses the supertrapp silencer body, which is a functional design because you can add the spark arrestor easily. but what you're paying for when you buy his exhuast is the megaphone and header section, thats where the power is made.

05-12-2005, 08:58 AM
uh huh^^