PDA

View Full Version : getting a new quad

300EXer
04-24-2005, 11:25 PM
im now a workin man and have enough cash to finance a quad. but im not sure wut i want. i had a 300ex a couple years ago and it was alrite, but underpowered and couldnt take a beating. i now have a yz125 but still want a quad. i mostly just rip around through trails, mud, and just have fun. defineatly enjoy jumping a fair bit. im a fairly decent rider. im only 5'6 150lbs. and when i do get a quad i just plan to put some bearclas or swampers on it. so wut should i get? 400ex's are alrite, but a lil underpowered, i kno they're reliable tho.but i want something with a decent top speed, able to keep up with 125's type thing. i rode my buddies raptor and liked it but a lot of u guys say they are junk. wut about a ds? they're heavy and big but i dont mx, so thats notta big deal. wut about z400s? wut do u tink would be a could quad for me?

nosliw
04-25-2005, 12:07 AM
i just bought an 05 kfx400 friday and it kicks ***. i kept my 04 400ex too. it's an awesome quad. way more powerful than my 400ex (when stock) and looks great. i didnt jump it too much this weekend but it did a good job on the ones i did take. it definately doenst have the torque my ex has, but kept on pulling in the upper rpm's. it's not like you cant trail ride with it dont let me scare you off to that, its great for that too. just gotta keep her revved a little higher than the ex. i dont know how the top speed of the z/kfx's are going to compare to your 125. i think the the quad tops out at around 72-73mph.

300EXer
04-25-2005, 11:41 AM
anyone else have any input?thanks man, i've been thinking about one of those, but evderyones talkin about frames cracking and i kindawanna stay away from that.

enduro400rider
04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
i think they fixed they re frame problem wouldnt matter much to you if your mostly doin trail riding and not mxing

WOracing
04-25-2005, 04:08 PM
z or a kfx would be perfect

quadryder
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
i have an 05 z and love it. i also have an 2000 RM 125. i like riding bikes better. anyways, the z is an excellent quad i just like the bikes better. so im sellin my z.