PDA

View Full Version : Complimentary port and polish?

plkmonster2
04-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, what would be a good port and polish from GT Thunder for around 150 or less? It will go with a high compression, stock bore piston, and a TC Mx Cam. And a few more questions. I want to get the Ross piston, but it is only 10.5:1. Will taking the base gasket out make it 11:1? And where do i get the TC cam, and for how much? thanks!

plkmonster2
04-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Also, forgot to add that I also have a HMF slip-on and uni filter. And... How does the TC cam compare to the HRC and the GT Thunder? Where do all three cams make improvements on power? Thanks

2muchquad
04-25-2005, 03:10 AM
save your money hero.:)

TC426EX
04-25-2005, 07:21 AM
You might as well do a 416 man. 55 to bore the cylinder and just get an 87mm piston kit instead of stock bore...

Is the $150 port job something offered by GT Thunder? Usually port + polish is more than that.... If it is for 150 its probably a mild cleanup port job where they just smooth out any casting flaws and do some light work to improve flow, but Im not too positive since I dont have GT porting in mine.

As far as the cam, you can get the TC cam either by contacting TC directly, or through Legacy ATV and probably Lost Creek Cycles. I know Legacy gets 'em for sure. The cam I believe is something like 185 plus you send your stock cam as a core.

www.tcracingengines.com

www.legacyatv.com

Rico
04-25-2005, 07:46 AM
You need to call laz and tell him what you plan on doing with your quad,, as in racing. Let him tell you what you need.

he builds some reliable and fast motors. Ask Bill Ballance....:devil:

plkmonster2
04-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey Rico, sent ya a PM. Btw, I think I'm just going to skip the P and P. Save me some money. Will it make much of a difference on a stock bore motor? I just ride the trails and stuff, and some sand. I am also thinking of getting the HRC cam instead of the TC. I have the money for it. Is it a good choice?