PDA

View Full Version : TCS suspension

honda92
04-24-2005, 07:53 PM
does anyone run the compression adjustable tripple rates with rezzies? i found them for right around $700 new but i don't know anyone who has them. are these shocks far superior than say a works tripple rate. how much adjustment does the compression have? is it about the same as a elka?

rob-u/21
04-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Yes, they are much better than works. I even thing they are comparable to ELKA's and Axis. Plus the people at TCS are very easy to work with.

motoboy66
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
I have them and love them. They re better than Works and compare with Elka. My buddy has the same setup as i do but with Elka, and mine feels plusher. For the money I paid, also 700, I could not be happier. I would sugest you spend the money and have the rear redone, as it will be holding the fronts back. The worst part about the TCS is you need 4 hands to mount the ressies.

Todd

Sorry this is the best pic I have, ignore the PEP shock covers, they are just the best ones made thats why they are on, and they were free.

TBD
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
TCS almost up there with Elka? Just because they don't have the bling bling machine work doesn't mean that they are not as good. If you want to buy a shock on the fact that it is *****in looking and all the pros run them, then you're way off what makes a shock work well. TCS shocks are right up there as far as performance and valving goes.

honda92
04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TBD
TCS almost up there with Elka? Just because they don't have the bling bling machine work doesn't mean that they are not as good. If you want to buy a shock on the fact that it is *****in looking and all the pros run them, then you're way off what makes a shock work well. TCS shocks are right up there as far as performance and valving goes.

i dont know where that all came from but i dont care what the hell they look like as long as they work good. i was going to send the rear shock into also once i get some more cash. can you feel a difference when you adjust the compression adjustments on the fronts? thanks for answering my questions guys

motoboy66
04-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Yes you can fell to difference between compresion clicks. I find that I only change mine a few clicks at most. The rear will complete the package. I road my buddies 450r the other day, and besides the power, all I wanted to do was get off that stiff thing, and get back on my nice plush 400ex. When I retire my 400EX, I will buy TCS again form my 450R.

honda92
04-27-2005, 07:36 PM
thanks for all the comments, i think i will be ordering a set up pretty soon.

yfz162
04-29-2005, 04:46 PM
I have TCS lt tripples w/rezzies comp. adj. on my
YFZ with the stock rear dual rate conv. The quad
handles very good, I can't say a thing about the
performance of the shocks. I did however blow
one of my rezzy lines about 2 weeks ago and
nobody I've called can get me specs on the shocks
to get them redone. I have missed 3 races due to
this. I really like the shocks, but seems Todd at TCS
is the only guy in the country that can give me specs
to get my fronts rebuilt. I need to know the weight
of oil, oil pressure, and nitrogen pressure. Just
something to think about befor buying.

honda92
04-29-2005, 08:25 PM
thanks for the info on that YFZ. im going to keep my ohlins i have off of a cannondale for a back up, i got those so cheap i hate to get rid of them.

rob-u/21
04-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Why dont you just call TCS.

honda92
04-30-2005, 07:51 PM
im planning on calling them, i just wanted some input before i spent 700 bucks on shocks.

Pappy
04-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Colby at C&D Racing has a great working relationship with Todd at TCS. i bet a phone call to Colby will get you headed in the right direction.

TBD
04-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by yfz162
I have TCS lt tripples w/rezzies comp. adj. on my
YFZ with the stock rear dual rate conv. The quad
handles very good, I can't say a thing about the
performance of the shocks. I did however blow
one of my rezzy lines about 2 weeks ago and
nobody I've called can get me specs on the shocks
to get them redone. I have missed 3 races due to
this. I really like the shocks, but seems Todd at TCS
is the only guy in the country that can give me specs
to get my fronts rebuilt. I need to know the weight
of oil, oil pressure, and nitrogen pressure. Just
something to think about befor buying.

Did you call Todd direct? Which shock blew a resivour line? If you want it the same as it was you would need to use the exact same oil as TCS because the wieght rating vary's with different manufactures. I can't say personally that it would be a reall noticeable difference iy you used a different manufactures oil that is the same wieght. If you get ahold of TCS I'm pretty sure that Todd would take care of it.

Warnerade
04-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
Yes, they are much better than works. I even thing they are comparable to ELKA's and Axis. Plus the people at TCS are very easy to work with. comparable...yes...but on the same level? not even close...my friend has LT pep..other friend has LT TCS..his TCS feel stiff...dont handle good..etc...ive said it, and so has my buddy with the PEP....maybe he just got a bad set...but he also had to send them back to TCS 3 times for valves leaking, air leaks...etc