PDA

View Full Version : terrible 300ex brakes

Out_Sider
04-24-2005, 06:39 PM
what is wrong with these things? i've bled them til i was blue in the face and they jsut wont lock up for me. they are dual line ss lines which are suppose to have the best stopping power, and well i have next to none, and then today i rode my friends 250x with STOCK lines, and i barely pulled the lever and i almost got thrown over the bars, wtf is up? hell if i HAVE to i'll put those som biitchin stockers back on. (i had good brakes with the stock lines, so unless they need more bleeding idk wat to do)

any help is much appreciated

NacsMXer
04-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Did you use a brake bleeder or did you do them with the lever pump method? I know I tried the lever method on my 400 when I put on stainless lines. I did this forever with no progress so I purchased a brake bleeder. Even with the bleeder it took several refillings of the master cylinder to get all the air out. When you put stainless lines on you let air into the calipers; that's quite a bit of air to pump out with the lever method.

Out_Sider
04-24-2005, 08:01 PM
where can u get a brake bleeder and how much?

bigvforcer
04-25-2005, 06:11 AM
you can buy a brake bleeder at any auto part stores, they can range in prices. I would make sure you don't have any leaks especially around where the brake lines come together.

Out_Sider
04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
the lines aren't leaking, i've checked that numerous times

beak7707
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
I had the same problem with my 300. when I firstr bought it they were great but after i messed with the brakes and got air in them they were terrible. I pumped and bled them over and over and they never got better. i would also try to bleeding tool.

300exOH
04-26-2005, 07:01 AM
You probably still have air in your lines somewhere. I used a brake bleeding tool from autozone when I switched my 300 to braided steel lines. It worked great and it was only about $20. I just followed the directions that came with the bleeder kit and had no problems. Pumping them by hand can take forever and still not get all the air out. Good luck

Out_Sider
04-26-2005, 02:00 PM
do your ss lines give you that really sensative, flip you over the bars feel? cuz that is what im lookin for :cool:

300exOH
04-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
do your ss lines give you that really sensative, flip you over the bars feel? cuz that is what im lookin for :cool:

Somewhat. They are still almost the same as stock but I feel they are more controllable. You can feel when the brakes are locking up more. You are still limited to how much the brake pads and tires will grip though.