PDA

View Full Version : Rear Supsension on budget??

AnotherSlow400
04-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I have a buddy thats looking at upgrading his rear suspension, but is trying to do it on a budget.

He races local hairscrambles and was tossing around a few ideas......

C&D racing full rebuild, dual rate with the extra inch of travel....was also looking at running an aftermarket link such as GT Thunder to lower the bike

Other was a GT thunder rebuild with a GT thunder link

the question he has is does anyone have experience with either of these setups and which would make the better setup for a racing suspension?? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Mike

AnotherSlow400
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
ttt

Pappy
04-24-2005, 07:49 PM
while i cant give you first hand impressions of the C&D rebuild in a true race, i can tell you that we have been very satisfied with the rebuild. the shock preforms as they advertise and after 2 months of pounding it, not 1 problem.

gt thunder has a reputation for getting the job done and i dont think you would go wrong with either set up.

give them both a call, fully explain your needs and make an informed decision.:)

86atc250r
04-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Simply rebuilding the shock and adding travel won't help the problem and could actually worsen it.

Go with the GTT setup - you will gain travel, relocate that travel, and end up with a MUCH better overall setup than any rebild can give you...

Colby@C&DRacing
04-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Gabe I think you are looking at this alittle one sided you can't condem somthing you have never tried. Our setup works very well and I have never had a customer that was not completely happy. In my opion the problem is in valving, sure I could make a linkage and get more travel, but if I can revalve the shock and fix the problems it has and get more travel for less money why not.