PDA

View Full Version : what drives you to race???

700 racer
04-24-2005, 03:57 PM
i know there are alot of people that come to the gncc races and never finish high enough to get a plack or win so what drives you to keep coming?

Kyle_Racer_31
04-24-2005, 04:01 PM
The Fun and excitement drives me to keep going

Johnny & Monica
04-24-2005, 04:35 PM
It sure aint the pay out.Mostly the fun the people you meet getting outta town for the weekend :D Awesome work out an good famaily time sence me an the kids all 3 race An Monica loves walking the course an taking pictures.

400exmom
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
the addrenaline rush and men everywhere you turn

QUADROOKIE
04-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, Im new this year to racing, but Id have to agree with everything stated above.--Well, except for what Kim said.:huh :D But also for me its a way to compete at SOMETHING. I played a year of semi=pro ball after highschool. That was fun til the shoulder went out. Then moved on to slow-pitch(beer drinkin;) ) and the occasional pick game od basketball. Then for about 6-7 years there wasa nothing to do except get married bald and fat, which I succeeded at each,:rolleyes: , then I bought my KFX and finally convinced the wife to let me race. Now her and the kids are excited for me as well so it works for all of us.

Shawn H
04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
For me its:
competetion,hanging out with family and friends,Adrenaline rush, and something to waste my money on,Good reason to stay or get into shape>

No particiular order:D

D-7#61-450r
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Keep In mind nobody races quads for the money. It's gotta be pure love for the sport. I belive that is why almost everyone is approachable and helpful. Going to a quad National and signup right next to a pro is common. also walking the track next to Tim Farr without getting chased away. Lets see that at a dirt bike pro national.

Out_Sider
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
competition, the fact that im gettin faster, and everyone is helpful, i've always wanted to race so actually having the oportunity now is like a dream come true

ex kid
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
it keeps me out of trouble and the people you meet and the storys you have to tell your friends at lunch on monday when they run out of football storys(nothing wrong with football)

ex kid
04-24-2005, 06:48 PM
besides, what more of an adreniline rush is there than rubbing tires with 30 other quads going into the first corner. the smell of 110 Klotz at 10 AM, the sound of motors about to grenade bouncing off their rev limiters and the shake of the ground when everybody lights them up. and what other sport do you get to participate with your favorite Pro. (when they lap you or whatever) not many.

racing is awsome

Troy15x
04-24-2005, 07:02 PM
I am 16 and I have never raced Cross Country, actually this is only my 2nd year racing. Last year I raced MX on a mojave. I spent all the $$ I had in the bank on a 2001 Honda 400ex. I am slowly setting it up for Motocross. I can't afford to get her set up this years so I am racing Flat Track.

To me racing is a Hobby and riding/ racing is something you can do for ALMOST the rest of your life and never be bored. there is always somewhere new to ride or race and new people to ride or race with.

mecheech
04-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
besides, what more of an adreniline rush is there than rubbing tires with 30 other quads going into the first corner. the smell of 110 Klotz at 10 AM, the sound of motors about to grenade bouncing off their rev limiters and the shake of the ground when everybody lights them up. and what other sport do you get to participate with your favorite Pro. (when they lap you or whatever) not many.

racing is awsome

I know I posted this pic already once, but it fits with this topic. First year racing and just happened to have +30 class and Expert practice at the same time. So I got to be passed by Kory Ellis and later was able to let the neighbor boys hang out under Kory's EZ-UP and check out his quad and get autographed posters. Something like that sure didn't happen at Supercross last weekend.

mecheech
04-24-2005, 11:26 PM
oops forgot the picture.http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1532161

markk
04-24-2005, 11:58 PM
I just go out to have a good time, I always have a good time while im riding, But when im racing Its like riding at a new place every time i go out. Im somwhat competive in the C-class, But i moved myself to 4st-b Just to try to better myself.

Hopfully i will be able to place high enuf a few more times this season to grab a few plaques.

But the coolest thing i have found out to be true racing GNCCs is that u can race a local track and see the same guys as u do, when u travel for 8-18 hours. And the fact that u get a little vacation at least once a month!

metalmellinium
04-25-2005, 01:25 AM
A 04 Ford F-350:blah:

montycarlo
04-25-2005, 05:18 AM
I just like to ride. There are so few places to go and do some real good riding that the best way to get out and ride is find a race. I never expect to win; I never have enough time available to whip my *** into shape like a regular racer should and I'll never be able to afford the nice hardware. In the Iowa series afternoon race I run I show up with the slowest quad on the line and consider myself lucky to do so.

My g/f bought a quad and has no intentions of racing whatsoever and I'd like to find something for her kids to ride; in the future I may find myself backing off on the racing in favor of family riding trips to anywhere cool.

As long as I live near SE Iowa I'll always be in Keithsburg IL on the last Sunday in February! :cool:

4o0eX RaCeR
05-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
Keep In mind nobody races quads for the money. It's gotta be pure love for the sport. I belive that is why almost everyone is approachable and helpful. Going to a quad National and signup right next to a pro is common. also walking the track next to Tim Farr without getting chased away. Lets see that at a dirt bike pro national.

rodenberg35
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
I do it becouse I spent all this money buying a new trailer, a new truck, and all these mods to the 450r. And I suck. I only placed 3rd in the last local tt race. In the 16-29 non pro class. but I will go back this weekend

UbeenSmoked
05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
wut keeps me racing is, is the rush i get right before the start and battling with a bunch of real good riders during the race and just having a good time talking with people, and then telling ur storys to everyone after the races.

i dont know wut really keeps me spending the money and wut keeps me racing, but i think its just in my blood and life wouldnt be the same without it, been racing since i was 4 and now im 18 and still racing dont see anything stoping me in the mean time

Shawn H
05-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Damn Matt you been racing along time you should be Pro by now>:cool:

dirtmomma
05-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
the addrenaline rush and men everywhere you turn

YEAH WHAT SHE SAID :blah: :blah: :devil: :devil: HAHAHA coudn't resist!! My other answer is my husband(ya know he drives the motorhome LOL;)) I LOVE the adrenaline rush, last winter I only raced a couple races but still had a BLAST spectating for me it's the people you meet/know the smell of oil, fuel, & the laughs we have together!! OH & I LOVE watching my boyz out there kickin BUTT :macho

Rico
05-12-2005, 08:36 AM
I race to help release that pain in my arse that I feel week in and week out. what's that pain is you ask?? It's my wife's teeth because it seems that she's always eatin on my arse so it's nice to get out of town to let it heal....:ermm:

05-12-2005, 11:25 AM
i love to race because of the adrenaline u get when u make a awesome pass on someone or the wholeshot watching all the others around u and its just so awesome sitting at the gates and the other guys are like smash talking and then u kick the crap out of em in the race. and watching the really nervous ones jumping the gate.

450rboy
05-12-2005, 11:28 AM
that i get to ride my quad with other people than by myself.

duke416ex
05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
I love to race to find out what is wrong with my quad, cause if its gonna tear up, it will be in the middle of a race that I have spent hours driving to and a lot of money getting ready for it, j/k

I love the addrenaline and just competing with other riders. I also like getting to ride different terrains and at different places. The travel to the races is fun, it gives me a little time away from home.

Derno24
05-13-2005, 08:31 PM
The people are by far the best thing about this sport. I have ben involved with alot of different sports over the years and this is the only one where if you have a problem with your quad a complete stranger will walk up and start helping you out.

montycarlo
05-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I love to race to find out what is wrong with my quad, cause if its gonna tear up, it will be in the middle of a race that I have spent hours driving to and a lot of money getting ready for it, j/k

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! That is sooooo true! :D

hardkoratvmxr
05-14-2005, 01:25 PM
adrenaline, excitement, friends, meeting new people, racing, competition, and a 2001 f250

ex kid
05-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
The people are by far the best thing about this sport. I have ben involved with alot of different sports over the years and this is the only one where if you have a problem with your quad a complete stranger will walk up and start helping you out.

YES THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT WHEN I HIT THAT QUITE LARGE BUMPER AT FOOT OF MTN. AND MY BRAKE PEDAL WAS SO TWEAKED THAT I COULDN'T USE IT.

Derno24
05-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
YES THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT WHEN I HIT THAT QUITE LARGE BUMPER AT FOOT OF MTN. AND MY BRAKE PEDAL WAS SO TWEAKED THAT I COULDN'T USE IT.

I was busy laughing my butt off as you went up in the air. You landed it and took off so what are you complaining about!

JDiablo
05-14-2005, 07:30 PM
my quad :devil:

brian-250
05-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Ya know now that ive seen this thread i really dont know why i race or why i try? ive never done to well, maby just the way you fell when the guy yells 10 SECONDS! its a pretty big rush, for me anyway, ill have thinka bout this for a day or to.:ermm:

red rider88
05-15-2005, 12:28 PM

my friend races quads for money. he rides in the a class.

ex kid
05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
I was busy laughing my butt off as you went up in the air. You landed it and took off so what are you complaining about!

im just breaking your ballzzzzz.

Pa400exracer
05-15-2005, 08:38 PM
i like riding to get all my anger out b/c i dont feel like sitting around at home after 5 days of hard school... even if i have to ride the tri-moto.... ill be ridin

tdsongster
05-15-2005, 09:03 PM
From all the freaking stress of work, i need an outlet. At least this is productive, I feel much better after a good ride and it is great exercise. I try to stand as much as I can and this seems to make go able to go faster as well.

Mr. Wiggles
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
guess the thrill of winning, the roar of the crowd, and all the hot chicks
:cool:

Vtr_Racing
05-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I race to help release that pain in my arse that I feel week in and week out. what's that pain is you ask?? It's my wife's teeth because it seems that she's always eatin on my arse so it's nice to get out of town to let it heal....:ermm:

HAHA, I know the feeling! I love racin. Great people involved with it and its a good way to spend time with family and friends.

Johnny_G
05-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Why I Race

Golf sucks. Adreneline is the best high ever. Roadtrips rock. Waffle houses are crazy at 4AM. Who needs a reason. I’ve Met all my best friends there. Speeding tickets are badges of honor. Football helemets look Queer. My Fly Gear makes me look cool. To beat bill Balance (He needs it). Thumpers sound cool. Pre-mix Smells cool. Pain is temporary but glory is forever. Gravity is for wussies. Cute nurses hang out in the E.R. I can do it better next week. Trophys are cool. Why not. I can’t dunk a basketball. Bones Heal. Mud tastes good. Sponsors t-shirts make me a whole free wardrobe. My mom told me not to. My friends envy me. Signing autographs makes me smile. Blisters add character. It makes me feel alive. One day I will win a GNCC and no one can ever take that away. College wasn’t my thing. My dad got me into it. Soccer is for Euros. Rental Cars (Nuff said). I couldn’t imagine life without it.

Thats why I race.
How about you?