PDA

View Full Version : bearing carrier

trx400ex
09-12-2001, 08:36 PM
bearing carrier, will a lonestar supertwin bearing carrier fit a stock 400? my bearings went out , so i need to get a ne wcarrier i think right?

rhino99
09-12-2001, 10:09 PM
You can jsut replace the bearings or you can go all out and get a whle new carrier, way cheaper just replacing bearings. I think I read somewhere that you dont even have to buy teh expensive stock ones, take it to a bearing store and they should have them, I think if I remember right they were bearings from some type of GM air conditioning unit or something.
Dont quote meon that, I cant really remember exactly.

MikeL250X
09-14-2001, 06:59 AM
when I bought my quad (used of course) the rar bearings were shot, luckily I waited until I pulled the carrier to order parts because it had a RAD housing in it already, new RAD bearings and seals were $50 (they are not the same as stock) which isn't soo bad, I just hope they last longer this time... I really should get my axle checked to make sure it's not bent, I hear that makes quick work of the bearings.

oynot400
09-17-2001, 08:17 AM
If you have to replace the carrier, get the Lone Star. I beleive it is the only one that is greasable. Even after you replace it take it apart every so often to clean and lube everything up. ;)