PDA

View Full Version : Are there a such thing as hill climbs for quads?

raptorman2001
04-24-2005, 10:08 AM
If there is a such thing as hill climbs for quads where are they i am i hill climbing man and i just want to find some of these contest i keep hearing about can anyone help me!

blaster_rider68
04-24-2005, 10:10 AM
go to glamis:cool:

jonc623
04-24-2005, 11:07 AM
yes there is pleasure riders in cayuga indiana has one next week end i think

wallaby_kid
04-24-2005, 01:30 PM
yeah there are hill climbs for quads. i went to one today
very good, saw a banshee, lol couldnt keep the front wheels down, adn quite a good place to muck around on the grass, nice doubles there on the grass:blah:

04-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Buy Huevos 3 or 4.

unstopable1
04-24-2005, 02:32 PM
There is a AMA sanctioned Hillclimb at Delbarton West Virginia.I've ran in it a couple of times.They are holding the national hilclimbs there this year in august.There is also a hillclimb once a month and all of them are on saturday except for the nationals.The nationals are friday,saturday,and sunday

blue416ex
04-24-2005, 08:09 PM
those are NOT hillclimbs i do walls those are hillclimbs i watched the section of the huevos vid those r boring imo go to www.motopimps.com and look in media and billy cole watch it the music is a little crazy and cusses ALOT but those are some of the smaller hills ill hit i think there are 1 or two i will practice on the bigger and the more straight up they are the better:devil: gotta love getting vert on a quad :macho the last one is a fun hillclimb well wall anyways

armoks
04-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I've been to the hill climb in Heavos 3 and i can tell ya it isn't just a small hill. It looks small in the video but it is a nasty hill. Its in Beaverdale, PA right outside of Johnstown, PA.

I've been to Glamis and there wasn't a hill I was afraid of, they were all kinda weak compared to the hills in the woods in Western PA.

unstopable1
04-24-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah true but he also said he wanted to climb hills not jump them.

Scro
04-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by blue416ex
those are NOT hillclimbs i do walls those are hillclimbs i watched the section of the huevos vid those r boring imo go to www.motopimps.com and look in media and billy cole watch it the music is a little crazy and cusses ALOT but those are some of the smaller hills ill hit i think there are 1 or two i will practice on the bigger and the more straight up they are the better:devil: gotta love getting vert on a quad :macho the last one is a fun hillclimb well wall anyways

those dont look that bad..just because youve got all the running room in the world...lol....i ride places like west point where there are several hills like that but you only got like 20-30 feet of running go at it.....makes for a whole different ball game

blue416ex
04-25-2005, 09:02 AM
runnung speed most of them are practically like hitting a wall at the bottom they are like an L not much of a slope at the base makes you bottom out at the bottom of the hill giving you the preload to pop-up the rest of the hill and land flat