PDA

View Full Version : cannondale

rancid
04-24-2005, 08:57 AM
my cannondales are better than everything else unless its another cannondale with a few more fancy parts than mine,hahaha

04-24-2005, 11:19 AM
congratulations on your first post

MR.BIG
05-20-2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah right, then the real 450's blew by you like a fart in a windstorm! haha

jacobw
05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
It will take more than a 450 honda with a hrc kit to reel in a dale.:D

MR.BIG
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
It's not all the machine that makes you fast. I guarantee I can hang with a cannondale I might not be able to beat it but it won't pull away.

duke416ex
05-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Have you ever ridden with a cannondale, or ever ridden one yourself?

jacobw
05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
the thing about cannondale are if you want to drag race all I have to do is change the map and whoola! Put a dirt bike map in and you wont touch a dale. I know many dales that are running dirtbikes maps that will out run modded banshees in the dunes.

MR.BIG
05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
I have ridden one a couple of years ago and I believe it was a moto440. I didn't get a lot of time on it. My friend owns a shop and he had a few in there from time to time. I have never raced one against my 450r but my 450r is extremely fast.

jacobw
05-20-2005, 01:07 PM
450r's are good machines. But it will take a extremely built one to pull a cannondale that is tuned for max power. I know know of 2 atk/cannondale 450 motors that are stock that will pull modded to the max yfz's and 450r's up sand mountian. And they are compeletly stock. The moto is not anywhere near close to the the dirt bike maps or even a combp map. My dale will run close to 80 stock with a lame map in it. I could put a DB map in it and would haul ***. The cannondales you rode had factory maps which are detuned to make the most usable amount of power for thier application and not all out top speed. I race the missouri series and the only thing that can pull me in a field is a banshee. I havent come across one yet that will outpull me when I hit fifth gear and remeber I am only 432cc I would have about 5-8 hp with a 450 kit and more with a aftermarket exhaust. All I am saying is dont underestimate a cannondale stock or modded a little tuning with the mapping and you can make a stock 432cc dale run like a modded 450. I went to pro quads in saint louis with a freind that races a moto and there was not a quad there that could pull the moto in the whoops. It was just a cannondale with a 450 piston against ellis's, littles,natalies factory rides.

MR.BIG
05-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Thats cool! Like I said I have not had much time on one so if you like it thats cool. Not many people around here have them. I would like to get some seat time in on one because you can pick them up cheap.

jacobw
05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
they are cool machines man! They are comfortable to ride for exteneded periods. They seem intimidating but they are not really if you overcomplicate them you will be pulling your hair out. I love mine I wont ride anything else. I love the rush of fuel injection I will be picking up a dirtbike for me to mx while xc racing my cannibal I have setup to be a xc racer. We have all the tools and d and m kit to diagnose and tune them and the parts a easily found and available so we dont fret about working on them. They are a reliable machine if you have the crank updated with a z400 rod bearing and balanced. We just put one back together about 2 months ago and it purrs like a kitten, revs a little faster than stock which is da## fast. My brother bought Jeff Stoess's ATK that he won at sparta on and all it has over my bike is a 450 piston and hmf pipe and let me tell ya it rips compared to a stock dale mine will be getting that treatment this fall. Prob a stroker crank and 450 piston and hmf or flow exhaust. Prob just the 450 and exhaust minus the stroker. I already have elkas all the way around and a pep damper, hiper wheels, cycra guards, prm skid and a-arms plates. The motor is all stock but has 1 1/2 race season on it and is ready to be freshened up.:D

raptorrider686
06-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Well he's so humble isnt he? Ya pride goes before a fall.