PDA

View Full Version : 15w 40 down crank case

devilwitoutacaz
04-23-2005, 09:33 PM
I had someone that was supposed to know what they were doing put a piston in my r today and he dumped 15w40 on the crank and into the case....what should I do to get it out ....any suggestions?

honda350r
04-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Was it the same guy who showed you how to use Ebay ??

Why did you not pay for that tank you bid on ????

Eddiesanders250
04-24-2005, 10:59 AM
ya u could drain it. underneath the motor theres a drain bolt.

jonc623
04-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
ya u could drain it. underneath the motor theres a drain bolt.

not on the crank side of the motor they are separate from trans on a 250r if it is not a lot of oil it should not hurt anything

devilwitoutacaz
04-24-2005, 11:52 AM
what are you talking about ? I wouldnt use ebay if my life depended on it! know who you're talking to before you make assumptions!

JTRtrx250r
04-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by devilwitoutacaz
I had someone that was supposed to know what they were doing put a piston in my r today and he dumped 15w40 on the crank and into the case....what should I do to get it out ....any suggestions? smack the dumbass, then learn to take it to a legit shop if you cant or dont know how to do it. sometimes thing will backfire on you like this. How much did the jackstick dump in there? Unless you have a boost-ported piston... your gonna have a problem w/ starting and fouled plugs possibly, if it was just a small amount...you might be able to just burn it out, but if it was alot... you might wanna tear it back apart

best advise.... dont let backyard so-called wrenchers touch your junk, they could cost you big. Be sure to tell the guy who did it to study up!

good luck w/ it

honda350r
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
what are you talking about ? I wouldnt use ebay if my life depended on it! know who you're talking to before you make assumptions!

Call me what you will...Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4535649031&sspagename=STRK%3AMEAFB%3AIT

You should ship to: james olson
5866 2nd st. ne #3
fridley, MN 55432
United States

Sure is funny how some dude who is into 250rs and bids on my auction with the same screen name as yours and lives in Fridley!!

Is there anyone else who would be suspisious??

1988R
04-24-2005, 05:35 PM
I had someone that was supposed to know what they were doing put a piston in my r today and he dumped 15w40 on the crank and into the case....what should I do to get it out ....any suggestions?

Take the top end apart and let the bottom end sit upside down for a few days. most of the oil will come out. At most you will be left with a very small amount if any. Make sure you put something under it to catch the oil or you will have a mess