PDA

View Full Version : ColorTune Fuel System Analyzer

sneaky
04-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Has anyone used one of these, or know anything about them?

Colortune Fuel System Analyzer

I have been thinking about trying the colortune or getting an 02 sensor and a fuel/air gauge to try and get my quad jetted right. I am getting tired of guessing at the jetting and when I go riding finding out it's not right. I don't have enough room here around my house to play with the jetting and then ride it long enough to do a plug test and get a reading to see which way I need to go on my jetting. I am looking for a way to get it dialed in, anyone have any other suggestions?

I ran across the 02 sensor and the air/fuel gauge thing over on predatorowners.com here is some of what the guy had to say about it......

Subject: Perfect resolve to all jetting ......

Finally got tired of going back and forth trying to get the jetting just right.. She's never ran better.. The only way to jet perfectly...

AutoMeter Air/Fuel Guage... w/ O2 Sensor...

Oxygen Sensor is going in to the Exhaust header, Welded in bung.. Works Awesome... It's reaction is lightening fast.. The Total setup cost right around $180.. It's nice to be able to see exactly how your bike is running under all load conditions.. I thought our jetting was pretty close until we got this all installed, Then once I jetted per the guage it made a major difference.. Takes all the guess work out of it..

Ordered all the parts from Summit Racing...

Just take your header into an exhaust shop and have them weld in the bung.. It's something an exhaust shop does all the time.. Just mark where you want it..(In the collector so you can read both exhaust ports together.

The setup meters the consumed oxygen in your exhaust tellin you if your lean, rich, or right on.. Anyone can buy the guage and O2 Sensor and install this.. Very Easy..

You basically jet for Idle, Half Throttle, and Full Throttle WOT... I Used Autometer's Univeral Motorcycle Oxygen Sensor..

Here are the parts he used...

02 sensor

Air/Fuel Gauge

Sorry for the long post, but I am trying to gather all the info I can and make a good decision on what might be the best for what I am looking for.....

Anyone have any experience's with these?

This post has been edited by atv_nut: Yesterday, 02:01 PM

--------------------

My Webshots

04 Dale Jr. Edition,
CFM Alum. Air Box,
187.5 MJ/47.5 PJ,
Dual K&N Filters,
White Bros. Pipe w/12 Disks,
Pure Polaris Tether Switch,
39 Tooth Rear Sprocket,
Pure Polaris Radiator Scoops.