PDA

View Full Version : Stiff clutch

Tloc
04-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi, I bought a 450r 3 weeks ago. I have 10 hours on it and I love it. When I take it this afternoon the clutch was a little bit stiff and sometime it didn't came back well. Sometime it's okay and sometime not. I lube the clutch cable and the cable is okay. What's wrong with it.
Thanks!

benwa450r
04-23-2005, 09:04 PM
If you only have 10 hours on it, it's still new. Give it time to break in. I also put a light coat of waterproof grease on the pivot bolt and where it slides against the clutch lever holder and e-brake. Don't go crazy with the grease. It will just attract dust and make things worse later. Good luck.

86atc250r
04-24-2005, 08:11 PM
"stiff clutch" is almost always the cable. I've found over the years that lubing cables has little effect on their loaded movement - in other words they'll feel better when you move them back and forth before you hook it all back up, but when you actually put a load against, them they will still pull poorly.

Pick up a new cable and try it out - they are very inexpensive.

Tloc
04-25-2005, 08:35 AM
The clutch is little stiff and sometime the lever come back very slow?!?! I'll try to lube the cable. Thanks!

MR.BIG
04-25-2005, 10:13 AM
If its brand new then its under warranty so it shouldn't cost you anything which is good!