PDA

View Full Version : Probably Reed Problems?

Jake250r
04-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I finally got my rear shock back and went to ride, and after about two minutes of warming it up, i finally went to lay into it and it bogged out and died. hasn't started since. checked plug/fire. it's fine. had nearly this exact problem with a friends R and all symptoms seem to be carb/reed related. just wondering if you had anything else i could check before pulling the carbs off.

Oh and would a very very tiny spot in the intake boot (between reeds and carb) where the rubber meets metal it looks like it has come apart slightly. i'm getting a new intake. but could running it once with that before i noticed it run too lean and burn out the reeds? (remember it is not a CRACK... hard to explain...)

beerock
04-23-2005, 07:36 PM
wait are you saying it idled but wouldnt rev? if so, the c clip fell out.

Jake250r
04-25-2005, 03:00 PM
i putted around a bit in the pasture, and it was fine. i romped on it once and rode a wheelie, ran fine. then i took it out to go up my gravel road, low 2nd, went to punch it and bogged. let off and it started to idle. punched again and she bogged out and died. wouldn't start after that. before that tho punching it didn't seem any different than normal. thats why i think it's reeds is because it was so sudden.

raptor720
04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
I bet you fried the motor.....sounds like a motor to me.

Jake250r
04-25-2005, 03:46 PM
There's no way thats it. still tons of compression and i was not under heavy load. kicks over smooth too. i'm gonna check the reeds today or tomoro.

beak7707
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Is it getting enough fuel? If a 2 stroker is getting fuel, has spark and compression she should be running. If it has all that going for it, I would look at the carb, see if a jet is plugged or something.

Jake250r
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
well the reed would mess with the fuel supply. thats why i'm guessing thats it. should know for sure tomoro.