PDA

View Full Version : CUrtis Sparks exhaust ? for 400EX owners

speedracer350X
04-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Anyone have a Sparks racing exhaust with a spark arrestor on it? I hear that a regular exhaust is very loud, I'm thinking that with a spark arrestor it will tone down the "bark" somewhat. I have a Cobra Jet exhaust on my 350X 3 wheeler, and when I put the "Sparky" spark arrestor on it it toned it down to a nice, throaty, but tolerable growl. I'mleaning towards a Sparks racing full system for my 400EX, but I could really do without the loud, obnoxious noise. Anyone suggestions appreciated.

6858-400ex
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
is the curtis sparks louder than hmf

Fast350ex
04-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Curtis Sparks all the way.
They are perty loud/ x-6 stainless is very loud.
I have an x-6 ceramic coated and it's not quite as loud as my friend's stainless.
I've never owned an HMF nor do I know anybody that has one.
I went to a race last weekend and out of 1500-2000 bikes, I didn't see any HMF.
That tells me something.

cals400ex
04-23-2005, 11:55 PM
i run the x-6 and one of my buddies runs the full HMF. both are built engines with similar compression ratios and camshafts. both are equally loud if you ask me. the sparks is a bit deeper tone. most agree that sparks sounds better. the HMF is a bit higher pitch THAN the sparks. it isn't a high pitched pipe but it is higher than the sparks. if i had to do it over again, i woudl get the HMF. his seems to make great power. mine does make a noticable increase over stock too but it appears my bike can't make enough power to suit the pipe as well as my buddies hmf does.