PDA

View Full Version : Washington D.C.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-22-2005, 10:34 PM
well thursday and friday i went to washington dc for a field trip for school. I never thought all the buildings and stuff would be that big! I went to the white house, us supreme, us capitol, etc. i went on a moon light tour with a trolley that was pretty kool.

i just thought that dc is kool but i wouldnt want to live there:D

Matt37
04-22-2005, 10:56 PM
they let you into the white house?? I was recently there and they said there are no more tours of the white house. Same wit the FBI building and the washington monument was just re-opening when i was there from construction. ( Damn taliban). I was pissed because i really wanted to get a tour of the FBI building that sounded really cool. O well 9/11 ruined it for everyone.

I got to see Arlington Cemetery which is really cool. Even more cool for me cuz my father is buried there.

kawasaki_ridah
04-22-2005, 11:32 PM
we just took a trip there and saw the same stuff as your did i thought dc was awesome they wouldnt let us but like 100 yards from the white house we were stopped at the gates where that woman was protesting

04-23-2005, 05:56 AM
I went to DC for a feild trip in 8th grade and we stayed for 3 days. It was awsome. We did like 1 educational thing, the rest of the time we were allowed to walk the streets. And we had those fancy coach buses, those bus rides were awsome lol.

armoks
04-23-2005, 06:40 AM
I live here in DC. (well i live in MD but work in DC). I work at the Capitol Building. Im usally on the outside of it either carrying the machinegun or riding my Mt. bike.

If anyone is ever up here during the week during the day ask for SK and I talk with ya!

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by armoks
I live here in DC. (well i live in MD but work in DC). I work at the Capitol Building. Im usally on the outside of it either carrying the machinegun or riding my Mt. bike.

If anyone is ever up here during the week during the day ask for SK and I talk with ya!

holy crap were you the one that stands outside where the exit was???? we got kicked out by some girl who sounded like a man :) lol but you were wearing shorts and was under a white umbrella thingy.

04-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I went to DC for a feild trip in 8th grade and we stayed for 3 days. It was awsome. We did like 1 educational thing, the rest of the time we were allowed to walk the streets. And we had those fancy coach buses, those bus rides were awsome lol. same with me...we flew there the year before 9/11 happened...that was the last year they flew to washington b/c the teachers got scared to fly. ha

quadryder
04-23-2005, 01:36 PM
we were supposed to do it in 8th grade, but like a week before we were supposed to go 9-11 happened:grr:

armoks
04-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
holy crap were you the one that stands outside where the exit was???? we got kicked out by some girl who sounded like a man :) lol but you were wearing shorts and was under a white umbrella thingy.

I know exactly who you are talking about LOL she looks like the lead singer from Twisted Sister LOL

That is one of my posts but I havent had that one in about 4 months If im out with the gun I'm usally on the side where they are doing the big construction site.

Friday I was out on my mt. bike most of the day. Thursday I was on my regular post on the construction side.

87250rxrider
04-23-2005, 03:10 PM
hey, armoks, how long have you been working there? i went there a few years ago, and probably saw you, if you worked there then. i was there with a boy scout troop and we toured the building.

04-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 87250rxrider
i was there with a boy scout troop and we toured the building. r u kidding? do u think he will actually remember you?

04-23-2005, 03:23 PM
armoks, who do you work for, a private defense company or the government?

armoks
04-23-2005, 04:09 PM
I work for the U.S. Capitol Police. We are a federal agency. We do the same job as the Secret Service does for the President but we protect Congress.

I've been with the USCP for about 6 years. We go through about 10,000 tourists a day so it would be tough to remember every one of them.

87250rxrider
04-23-2005, 04:32 PM
i never asked if he remembered me... i only asked if he worked there for a few years, so MixMasterMike, you didn't need to make that statement. armoks, i def don't expect you to remember me, i was just wondering if perhaps you were there when i was.

armoks
04-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Most likely I was there if it was in the last 6 years i work a steady 7-3 most of the time and that is usually the tourist times.

If you did run into me there i prob messed with ya a little bit . I usually get questions like "how do you get into the building?" and I give them in my straitest face "I go right through that door"

They give me the strangest look and then I say "OH! you want to know how YOU get into the building!"

kawasaki_ridah
04-23-2005, 11:49 PM
sweet job dude, hopefully you will still be there for awhile because i plan on going to law school being a lawyer for awhile then i want to be a senator!! :D :D

Matt37
04-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Yea cool city but rush hour at 5 o'clock is :eek2: It is crazy, because the whole city is governemnt building and they almost all close at 5 so i hate being in there at 5 it is a nightmare.

Rastus
04-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Haha, now that is a coincidence.

A couple weeks ago, I was probably within 10-20 feet of you armoks. You work on the side where the tour sign ups and screenings are, don't you?
While I was waiting in line, I saw two guys walk by. One had a pump shotgun and the other had what looked like a G36K. I remember one of the girls that worked there too.., one of the kids in our group thought she was hot,lol.

I was suprised at how much the city has changed since the last time I was there. I went to DC on a trip in 2000(Right when we had that squabble with China over the reconnisance plane.) We stayed at the Annacostia Naval reserve, and even ate in the Air force mess hall.

Now a lot of streets are closed off, and there are police on every corner. There's no way you can get close to the capital building without getting shot, but we could walk all around and on the steps in 2000. You can't drive by the White House on pennsylvania ave. anymore, that road is completely blocked.

And here's a tip for people going to DC planning to tour the capital,etc. DO NOT wear steel toed shoes/boots, the metal detectors pick them up. And don't wear a decent sized metal belt buckle either. I did and they kept setting the detectors off. :p I think the screeners get cranky after awhile,lol.

Sweet job though!:cool: