PDA

View Full Version : New kenda tire!!!

05-16-2002, 09:56 AM
My dealer just receive the tire i ordered 1 week ago.

New kenda Bulldog & Desert Dog(the Knarly)

I have to choose beetween these 2 set of tire, anyone have an idea which one should work best?
I will take picture and let you know how how it will work!

By the way im still waiting for my white brothers quiet core!!!

EricB
05-16-2002, 10:09 AM
hmm looked on the kenda site they only showed the gnarly ones, they look pretty cool. whats the tread like on the bulldogs?

exriderdude
05-16-2002, 11:04 AM
heres the knarlys

05-16-2002, 11:06 AM
Look at that adress
http://www.motovan.com/Cat/atv_fr/top_atvf.htm

Red Rooster
05-16-2002, 12:49 PM
after looking at the=at link I thought to my self, "I bet this is a Canadian" lol good call, too. Just funning.

Moto92
05-16-2002, 10:16 PM
What about the Kenda Klaw MX tires that were shown on Daryl Raths KTM 520. Id like to try those things out.

EricB
05-17-2002, 03:17 AM
desert dogs look pretty nice, i'm thinking about getting a pair for my next tire. i think i read on the site that you can buy the 6 ply version? anyone have any bad experinces with the 6 ply tires? i'd imagine their a little more heavy, but for sharp rocks and sticks i think it would be worth it.

05-17-2002, 03:40 AM
The desert dogs(knarly) are one tough tire 6ply with a fairly hard compound.

I am running about 3psi to compensate for the "stiffness" and they do grip pretty well. They tend to like to bite better in dirt than anything loose like say gravel over sand or what ever.

Have about 15 rides on them with no noticable wear and zero punctures.

Will be trying some razrs soon and will post a comparison to the Kendas.

05-17-2002, 07:15 AM
This is what i finally bought!!!

DEAL
05-17-2002, 07:34 AM
Wow , i really like those!
Keep us informed on how they wear/hookup.
If they hook up as good as the stock tires I'm buyin a set forsure when my stockers wear out.

ranger400ex
05-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Hey guys, I have running the knarly rears and the kenda klaw fronts for about 3 months (hookup from APS thanks Rick) The rears are way better than stock and very little weight difference(worth it for the strength) I was running the bandit rears prev and the kenda tires are alot lighter, hook up better, and still allow you to slide. Most of the articles on the klaw rears say they are better than holeshots /razr but have never tried them both. From my experience the front klaws are great, very little wear (mix of trails, track,pavement wheelies) and stear great in the slop. The rear knarlys have survived a couple "POP" oops the tire jumped a stump witout tears or flats. I believe the knarly rears are available now, and the klaws should be around near the end of the month, but maybe Kenda got them released early.

Their are pictures and sizes of both on www.mta-la.com under kenda. I did alot of checking on these a few months ago when they were reviewed in dirt wheels and manged to get hooked up with a test set. They do not have the sweet screenprinting on the sidewall like the released version, but every time I rode people wanted to know where to get them. I GOTTA GET SOME NEW ONES NOW WITH THAT SCREENPRINTING!!!!

I have never had holeshots, but I did have razr's and I think these wear and perform better, but only time will tell.

BMW

300EX
05-17-2002, 10:31 AM
How much are the Kenda knarly??

05-17-2002, 10:39 AM
220$ Taxe in installed (Yes its canadian money!)

05-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Paid just over 300.00 for the rears on douglas .190 w/race welds.

If they hook up as good as the stock tires I'm buyin a set forsure when my stockers wear out.

They dont hook up the same as the ohtsu but I think the average trail rider would be better with the 6ply kenda than the 2ply ohtsu.

EricB
05-17-2002, 11:30 PM
hmm i wonder if you could trade stockers (brand new) in on some of those rears? =P i'm constantly not doing cool stuff i want to beceause i'm afraid of the 2 ply tires getting punctures.

zzbudzz
05-18-2002, 02:11 AM
i got stock tires on mine ,i got a '02 400ex .i got it used in feb still had the red lines on them . now the treads are disappearing fast . i been pounding the **** out of 'em! no holes but they are very thin on the side wall.hate to break it to my wife when i need some new tires soon, ol'well