PDA

View Full Version : In a huge prom pickle ( No flamers please)

Honda4trax250x
04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Well I have a problem. There was this girl that I liked alot and she likes me too. But she had a boyfriend, so after waiting a few months hoping something would happen, I gave up and asked my friend to prom. One week after I asked my friend to prom, the other girl breaks up with her boyfriend, and clearly wants me to take her to prom.

The girl I asked to prom is not a long time friend, we just started talking a few weeks ago, never got to serious, never hung out. And honestly, even though her friends deny it I dont think she even wants to go with me, and just said yes to be nice.

So my question is: Do I just forget it and go to prom with the friend?

Or do I talk to my friend tell her the situation and go with the girl I want to go with so badly?

As stated in the Title, Please no flaming.

Thanks,
Mike

banshee93
04-22-2005, 12:31 PM
i say that you call it off with the friend and then go with the person that you wanted to in the first place.

or take em' both:rolleyes:

nosliw
04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
take your friend. i would keep my mouth shut about the whole wanting to go with the other girl but she had a boyfriend story too. just my .02.

TC426EX
04-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Take the one you have a better chance of banging. If you can bang both of em, go with the chick youd rather go with...

HtFoxChick
04-22-2005, 01:11 PM
The girl you asked...did she already buy her dress? If so, i think you still should take her. The other chick, well she will just have to wait till afterwards...She'll find another date, don't worry.

Hondadudeehhhh
04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
find a friend that is going alone and hook the two of them up. Make sure you know the other girl is going alone so you dont end up by yourself lol.

Or do what TC426 said

ballisticpb
04-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Take the original girl.. meet up with the other one there have a few dances and let things progress

the yazer
04-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Take the one you have a better chance of banging. If you can bang both of em, go with the chick youd rather go with...

HELL YA THATS WHAT I WOULD DO !!!

04-22-2005, 03:23 PM
ditch your friend...WTF?? is that PUS5Y i hear screaming form the other girl?? haha do what you want but always ask for forgivness instead of permission..that moto has held me through my long 13 year life works great;)

04-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Take the one you have a better chance of banging. If you can bang both of em, go with the chick youd rather go with... o yah :p

jaspurx
04-22-2005, 04:31 PM
First: have a serious talk with the first date....see if she likes you......or is just a friend.

If she`s just a friend...........and cute............she will understand the notion of the other girl quite well.

If the first girl does like you as more than a friend , take her , but have a talk with the other girl..............explain how much you would like to take her , but do not want to hurt the other girl.( brownie points for sensitivity)

Now if this goes in this manner , you have a good chance with the date , and a girl lined up after the prom!:eek2:

jaspurx
04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
The take them both idea was great , but to get two young women to go for that ..................if you could pull that off you would not b asking for advice with women!

anyway...........present yourself in a confident manner............not a nerd!

Be a little humorous.....just a little , but also be sensitive toward the mood in these conversations...............you could end up stag for the prom if you really mess up!

And get it moving , if you waited in line for #2 girl , someone else may be #3 in line!

Rastus
04-22-2005, 05:35 PM
I would say it would depend on whether she bought the dress or not. If she has already spent her time and money to go with YOU, then I think you should follow through.

I honestly would just be cool about it. You can always do a few dances with her. Maybe being away from her for alittle while will let you know how much you do like her, and I'm pretty sure you'll know how much after awhile.

Remember, the world isn't gonna end on prom night. You've still got time after prom to pursue something with the other girl. Maybe she'll realize how much she likes you when she's out with her date. ;)

Goodluck.:macho

fst400exrider
04-22-2005, 06:22 PM
id just be a good friend and stay with your friend who you already asked. The other girl u can spend time with later to get to know eachother and work things out

thrasher_ex
04-22-2005, 06:25 PM
take em both over to ur place, be like -which one of u likes me the most, then theyll b like me. no me. no me. and u be like -prove it.

lol jm

just take your friend but like dance with the other chick and see wat happens

wilkin250r
04-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I know it's hard to imagine, but life goes on after prom, and even after high school. Even if you don't take either one, they'll both get over it.

So really, you should take the one you have the best chance with. That "chance" can be anything you like, either the best chance of a future relationship, or the best chance for a roll in the hay.

Which ever one you DON'T take, she'll get over it. Trust me.

big-guy
04-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Here is some of the best advice I've ever been given.

If you walk into a room and are instantly attracted to someone, leave, because that is NOT the right person for you.

Now, I've never actually followed that advice, but I can tell you from experience that I should have.

04-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by big-guy
Here is some of the best advice I've ever been given.

If you walk into a room and are instantly attracted to someone, leave, because that is NOT the right person for you.

Now, I've never actually followed that advice, but I can tell you from experience that I should have.

HAHA

blaster_rider68
04-23-2005, 09:55 AM
i would take the girl you wanted to from the beggining cuz it sounds like this other chick doesnt really want to go with you in the first place

Stevie-D
04-23-2005, 12:55 PM
not trying to be an arse buddy, but if i were you there would be no question as to who to take. think about it. you asked a girl to the prom. now another girl is available, and you now want to go with her. take the one you already asked

now----

think about it from your dates point of view. suppose she found another guy that she suddenly wanted to go with instead of you. it'd make you feel like horse crap. i know i would. ;)

although, as others have already stated, it's only a prom. your still a kid. hell, so am i. i've learned from experience that there are some things that you will get over and there are some things and will follow you to your grave. you can get over a prom. just might take some time.

personally, i'm not going to my prom this year. pair of tickets is $75 for a couple, then throw in tux rental, flowers, gas for the darned truck, and i'm looking at close to $300 for one night with some girl that i will forget in a few years. it just ain't worth it for me. i will, however, be having an after-party back in my field. now that is my idea of a good time. the only thing i have to pay for at the party is the drinks, if you know what i mean
:chinese: