PDA

View Full Version : Nerfs

RadRacer
04-22-2005, 11:12 AM
I've been thinking of buying seom nerf bars, but I have a few questions:

1) What exactly do they do?
2) What's the cheapest, good ones you can find?
3) Which kind do you guys recommed?
4) Are they hard to install (keep in mind, I'm 15)
5) Are they worth it?

I'm saving some money and like how they look, so I might get some, but I'm nto sure. Tahnx in advaneced guys.

Quiksilver01
04-22-2005, 12:39 PM
they keep you from running over yourself...... good cheap probly DG..... i have dg alloy i like em alot....... easy to install took me like 15 minutes all you need is a wrench and maby a screwdriver to take off your heelgaurds.... if you do any jumping theyre definitly worth it.

RadRacer
04-22-2005, 01:28 PM
I do some jumping, but it's tiny jumps, like maybe 2 or 3 feet......I'm mainly trail riding right now, will they help any? I like doin wheelies and stuff while we're on the trails, and most of them have the little bumps (I call them whoop-de-doos). How much does a set from DG cost?

thomps6s
04-22-2005, 02:56 PM
check these out http://www.wheelerparts.com/

Quiksilver01
04-22-2005, 03:18 PM
dg steel nefs are 120$ alloy are 150$ and alloy fat series are 175$ their website is www.dgperf.com i would get some no matter what you ride.... they make you feel more secure with your footing

450TrailR
04-22-2005, 03:57 PM
www.Rockymountainatv.com Tusk nerf bars 99.99

Ridin' Jesse
04-22-2005, 03:59 PM
1) Protect you from running over your legs if you slip.
2) My alba's were 109 i believe
3) I love my alba's
4) for mine i just had to drill 2 holes in each footpeg..it was easy though
5) Def. worth it...even if it saves ur leg once it's worth it to me.

live2ride300ex
04-22-2005, 04:29 PM
def. get some. sounds like youre just getting into wheelin so once your confidence starts to rise, so will your ability to jump. I didn't have any and have been riding for years then I hit a jump a little sideways and when I landed my foot slipped off, got caught in the tire, and the footpeg ripped my leg open. got surgery. got nerfs. the rest is history

RadRacer
04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by live2ride300ex
def. get some. sounds like youre just getting into wheelin so once your confidence starts to rise, so will your ability to jump. I didn't have any and have been riding for years then I hit a jump a little sideways and when I landed my foot slipped off, got caught in the tire, and the footpeg ripped my leg open. got surgery. got nerfs. the rest is history

I've been 4-wheeling for a couple of years now, but I rode a Honda 90, not enough power for jumping, till about a yr ago, and then I moved up to a 1988 honda 200, but it had no suspension, so I wouldn't wanna jump it. My 300Ex just officially became mine last naight, cuz my mom got her new Polaris TrailBlazer. Now I wanna do some upgrades to it, and nerfs are probably gonna be teh first one if I can find some . I was thinking of building my own nerfs. I've looked at quite a few, and they look pretty easy to build, and my dad has a welder, metal, and all that crap at his shop, the only thin I would need to buy would be the netting. You guys think I could make a good pair, cuz I don't ahve $100 to spare ATM....

dangle
04-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Definately worth it... better than paying a 300$ bill when I stick or rock comes up and bust your leg open.

Mike

Quiksilver01
04-23-2005, 08:34 PM
you might be able to make some if you have the right tools it would be cool to see some square tubing nerfs let me know how it turns out if you make some

300ex73
04-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Nerfs were originally designed to prevent nerfing accidents, which is pretty much a wheel lock condition. When another rider gets his tire in between your front and rear tire. Good way to cause a nasty accident, and maybe even lose a limb. Soo, that's basically what nerfs were orignally designed for.

They started off as just the bar, with no nets. The nets were added later to prevent your foot from falling inside of the bar, which could also cause a pretty nasty accident and injury.

I'd definitely recommend them to help keep your feet out from underneath the quad. It's really not any fun, and it hurts like hell.

redrunner
04-24-2005, 07:54 PM
First thing I put on my new quad....