PDA

View Full Version : 400ex-Banshee

Joe400ex
04-22-2005, 09:07 AM
My buddy just got 2001 Banshee Piped "FMF". Full exhsaut. I am telling u guys u probubly know already but man is that thing fast. Now if u can look at my mods what do u think it will take to keep up with him. My dad wants to have my 400ex, but i dont know if i want a banshee or 400ex next .I do manly woods and trails. Somtime dunes over at the "Badlands". I dont do any MX.But in a couple of years i wouldnt mind trying to start like GNCC. Any suggestions on what to get. Plus what is the weight difference in the 2 quads srry its long but i need the opinions. :)

blaster_rider68
04-22-2005, 09:20 AM
what else does the shee have on it?

dangle
04-22-2005, 10:08 AM
It's going to take some serious motor work to stay in front of him. When I had my 'shee it took a EXTREMELY well built 416 if not 440 to beat me. All I had was pipes, filter, reeds and a cool-head.

Mike

Scott-300ex
04-22-2005, 10:59 AM
for trails and gncc you want a 400ex, banshee you are either idling or full throttle, a lot harder to go as fast with a banshee in the woods

banshee's are sweet in the dunes, but for trails, deffinetly go with the ex.

ballisticpb
04-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
for trails and gncc you want a 400ex, banshee you are either idling or full throttle, a lot harder to go as fast with a banshee in the woods

i agree... banshees are only happy wide open.. the more mods you put on them the less they like to go slow

Joe400ex
04-22-2005, 11:20 AM
so u think a 426 port and polish and a cam would make me happy

dangle
04-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Joe400ex
so u think a 426 port and polish and a cam would make me happy

yes, extremely happy.... Like they said the more I hopped my banshee up the harder it was to tame in the tight stuff. It did make me a better rider though:D .

Mike

bansheeguy77
04-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex

definately not true. i live in the woods of pennsylvania and probably 75% of my riding on my banshee was trail riding. sure it doesnt have the typical 4 stroke low end but who wants to go 2mph riding anyway? first gear is plenty low enough for any trail obstalces you will enounter. ive ridden slow and casual many times on my shee...hell even my father enjoyed riding it (which is very odd being hes a big utility guy). my only complaint on the banshee was gas mileage. very very bad but other than that its the most fun you will have on a quad. i traded mine for a 400ex cause i was getting more serious with mx....worst mistake i ever made in my life. sure the 400 was better on the track but everywhere else you will miss the banshee.....and speed/power wise there is no comparison. and yes my banshee was undefeated in drags. i put raptors to shame. hell i would even toy with them let them reel back in just to roost the hell out of them :devil:

mine had...t5's, wiseco pistons, boost bottle, k&n and thats it.

Joe400ex
04-22-2005, 03:13 PM
damn thats awseame that is what makes me want to get a banshee.

dangle
04-22-2005, 03:27 PM

I have one for you:D .

Mike

Joe400ex
04-22-2005, 03:33 PM
what year and can i see some pics

initall
04-22-2005, 03:34 PM
and speed/power wise there is no comparison. and yes my banshee was undefeated in drags. i put raptors to shame. hell i would even toy with them let them reel back in just to roost the hell out of them

mine had...t5's, wiseco pistons, boost bottle, k&n and thats it.

Must have been the boost bottle J/k

I do miss my banshee, but my type of riding i love my ex.
I can still out handle all my friends on there banshees, but straight line drag, they do beat me.

Joe400ex
04-22-2005, 03:40 PM
i dont think a 400 ex with stock shocks can beat a banshee with stock shocks in the turn or handling are u sure u prob are right i just dont know:confused:

Mxjunkie
04-22-2005, 03:42 PM

Heh, they are nice bikes with the right mods :)

muddy400EX
04-22-2005, 08:51 PM
theres only one way to get the feeling of a banshee

and that is to buy one:)