PDA

View Full Version : blaster potential

atom
04-22-2005, 07:21 AM
i am wondering what the potential for a blaster is? i am looking for a 2 stroke and can get blown blasters for under a grand, so i am wondering how much hp you can get reliably? what will a blaster take after some mods? help me out , what other mods help 'em out?

dirtmomma
04-22-2005, 07:49 AM
YOu can mod the hell out of blasters, we have 2 now, one if for racing one for trails, our race one we've done some mods:devil: & there is still A TON more we can do, it'll run w/ our 426ex I've seen it out on a practice track stick w/ a couple of yammi 450's :D it's alot about the rider(about 90%) mods for them are CHEAP & if you can do the work yourself then it's even cheaper!!!!

We are getting ready to throw a big bore kit in it now then it'll really move :D:D

bradley300
04-22-2005, 07:56 AM
they will be reliable as long as you take care of them. i raced 9 gncc's on a my blaster last year and 5 so far this year. i have only broke down at 2 of them. 1 was a broken tierod end which happens to everyone. the other was a blown motor- totally my fault, i waited much to ong between rebuilds.

not sure how reliable a 240 kit is, but there are a few different kits slightly over 40 hp. My blaster will be a big bore/stroker 255cc by the end of the season and besides running a little hot, i dont see why it would be unreliable. the reliability is more who builds it than it is anything else. there are also two good sets of LT a-arms. Laegers makes plus 3 LT's for xc (with 4:1 wheels you are at 44 inches.) and Snyder motorsports makes basicly the same geometry as the laegers, but they are pls 5 and 5/8. with 4:1 wheels, you will be at 49.5 inches with about 12 inches of wheel travel. both a-arms use a standard length 400ex shock

bradley300
04-22-2005, 07:59 AM
go here www.snydermotorsports.net and you can see a few different dynos on some mild motors and see all of his suspension products and even ask questions on his forum

dirtmomma, you said your about to big bore yours, CALL THIS GUY FIRST! he moonlights his blaster business, so leave your name/number and a good time to call and he will call you back that night (he is eastern time)

dirtmomma
04-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
go here www.snydermotorsports.net and you can see a few different dynos on some mild motors and see all of his suspension products and even ask questions on his forum

dirtmomma, you said your about to big bore yours, CALL THIS GUY FIRST! he moonlights his blaster business, so leave your name/number and a good time to call and he will call you back that night (he is eastern time)

Why? whats up Bradley?? Now your scareing me LOL ;) we already have the big bore kit, & ya know I was looking online @ them & DAYYUUMMMMMM they are EXPENSIVE I pd about $20 :eek2: :devil: for ours heehee