PDA

View Full Version : 05 Grizzly blinking reverse light

chevy71
04-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Just bought an 05 Grizzly last week. Good machine so far except that I have noticed that the reverse light blinks when I start it up and let it warm up. But when I shift out of park, the light quits. This does not happen all the time. I have heard that the light blinks if you hit the rev limiter but I dont know if thats true.

Anyone have this happen to them? The owners manual says to take it in and have it serviced. I'm just curious as to what is going on.

Also, please confirm if the reverse speed is limited to 9 or 10 mph even if you hit the override button.

Thanks,

James

MudMonsterGrizz
04-22-2005, 07:16 AM
The light blinking could mean a lot of things. Might be as simple as needing to turn down the throttle a tad. I know if you sit in park and rev the engine up the light will begin to blink to tell you that the RPM’s are too high to shift. I would bring it in and have them look at it nonetheless.

As for the reverse limiter…the override switch is not for reverse. Some people say it is, but it’s not. There are some schematics on the net that will tell you how to override the reverse limiter. The override button is just for fully locked 4wd.

chevy71
04-22-2005, 07:22 AM
I figured you would answer this for me mudmonster.

I will take it in to check the light. As for the reverse being limited, I was just checking it out to see how fast it would go. Honestly, 10 mph in reverse it fast enough for me.

Thanks again,

James

MudMonsterGrizz
04-22-2005, 08:11 AM
No problem. If you want the schematics for the reverse override I can probably dig them up for you sometime. I am like you though I don't need to go fast in reverse lol.

quads_kicka$$
05-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I dont think the reverse blinking light is anything to worry about. my kodiak would do that and it was brand new. I would just turn it off and back on and it would go away. if it was anything serious, it would stay on but it doesnt. oh yea, you need to go fast in reverse for when you race those honda's!!! hahahaa

banshman
05-21-2005, 08:15 AM
I believe my 05 manual states that the machine is not completely engaged in that gear thats why it blinks.Mine has done this before but i wiggle the shifter and it goes to a solid light.