PDA

View Full Version : Sizziling Noise

Rico400
04-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Recently i took my 400ex do the dunes, then when i got back i wasked it and stuff but now when i start it and run it then shut it off i hear like a sizzling popping noise for like a minute. you think maybe its like sand somewhere i didnt wash? the quad doesnt seem to run any different though either.

Out_Sider
04-21-2005, 09:41 PM
my quad does the same thing after washing it, i was worried at first, but i found out its just water built up around the spark plug and it sizzles til its completely evaporated, not a problem at all

Rico400
04-21-2005, 09:56 PM
alright kool. about how long did the water last there? seems like its done this probably like 3-4 times so far. but ill i have done is started it up and maybe rode around for acouple minutes. no serious riding on it

cals400ex
04-21-2005, 11:34 PM
does it do it when idleing or cruising? how long does it last?

Rico400
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
It does it after its been on. then when i turn off the engine it sizzils for about a 1 minute. right when i turn it off there is alot then after awhile it slows down to just like a pop every once and while. then after a minute or so it completely stops. it sounds like theres water on the spark plug like he said

Rico
04-23-2005, 04:31 AM
that's a bad connection somewere bub. Sounds like you have a live arc between the electrical and chassis, surprised it's not blowing your fuse. I had something like this happen before and can't remeber WTF it was...:confused: I can say that IT"S NOT supposed to do it.. Mine only did it when the key was turned on.