PDA

View Full Version : I need info on the TC 440kits for a Z400...

woodsZrider
04-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know anything about the TC motor kits for a Z400?
What kind of power, are they dependable, what comes in the kits,are they different kits? I may be getting a motor that has a TC 440 kit already in it, so any info would be a big help
thanks jd

TC426EX
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Ive never ridden one, but Ive heard that they are absolutely killer. It may sound biased, seeing as how my username is TC426EX + I have a TC engine, but I think hes one of if not the best at working the Z engine. Keep in mind hes been developing the Suzuki DRZ engine before the Z400 even came out when Doug Gust was running that walsh/drz custom bike a while back.

As far as what all is included in it, Im not sure. Im sure the person youre getting it from could tell you what was all done to it. I would guess porting, cams, new high comp. piston and maybe some other stuff but not really sure. I havent heard of any reliability issues with it... He does do great work on that engine though, and I know theres alot of people out there running this kit. When my friend was looking to get his Z built, East Coast ATV, K+K, Nac's, and Legacy all told him to go through TC... Dont know if any of this really answered your question, but I would definitely grab that engine if you have the opportunity to...

woodsZrider
04-22-2005, 11:36 AM
bump

Dave400ex
04-22-2005, 10:50 PM
You can't go wrong with a TC motor setup...

TCracin440ex
04-22-2005, 11:49 PM
i think the tc z400 motor and the yoshi kit are the same...im not sure so dont hold a gun to my head...but if they are yoshi has a damn good rep. with that z400 motor in gust's frame....