PDA

View Full Version : May Quad Of The Month Poll

TheFontMaster
04-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Well heres the poll for may. May the best man win.

Heres a link to all the quads that are in the contest.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=156961

Scro
04-22-2005, 03:39 PM
man....this should be close!

Mxjunkie
04-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I voted for lil qj, modded minis are allways the best :)

wentz91
04-24-2005, 08:11 PM
airik79's 450r is the sweetest honda I've seen:eek2: . Makes me wanna sell the yfz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Airik79mx
04-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by wentz91
airik79's 450r is the sweetest honda I've seen:eek2: . Makes me wanna sell the yfz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks man:D

QuadJunkies
04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I voted for lil qj, modded minis are allways the best :) Im sure my Daughter will appreciate that! ;)

416exmx
04-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Nothing like having all your buddys over at cannondaleriders.com vote for ya is there? I saw the thread over there.:rolleyes:

TheFontMaster
04-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
Nothing like having all your buddys over at cannondaleriders.com vote for ya is there? I saw the thread over there.:rolleyes:

I went though this a couple months ago, nothing I can do really.

roostin_dale
04-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx

hah, yea !

416exmx and Airik79mx quads blow armoks out of the water man...his cant compare...(not flaming) but most people here will agree that one of them would win if you take away the c-daleriders votes...

TheFontMaster
04-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
hah, yea !

416exmx and Airik79mx quads blow armoks out of the water man...his cant compare...(not flaming) but most people here will agree that one of them would win if you take away the c-daleriders votes...

Some one get me the link to the thread on c-daleriders, and I will look into it. If people are being told to vote for armoks, and they vote just for him then something will be done. If it is more like what happened a couple months ago, and people are just voting for who they like better then I won't do anything. It will be all in the presentation I get when I see the page.

roostin_dale
04-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
whats the problem????????? one person thinks a honda should win so nobody can vote for anything else without crying foul? cannondale fans will always vote for cannondales. nobody put a gun to their heads and forced them to vote. every machine up there has at least 1 vote for it so people have different opinions. it's like saying no democrates can vote in an election. every member of this site has a vote, it's not armoks fault if they don't use it...

just cause your a cannondale fan doesnt mean your going to vote for a cannondale. I am a huge fan of c-dales. In fact i use to have a pretty badazz dale. But i didnt vote for armoks, due to the fact it isnt the nicest one, in my eyes, thats in the voting.

cdrookie
04-25-2005, 09:59 PM
in 49 peoples eyes the cannondale is the nicest bike, in their eyes, on there, whether they're all from cannondaleriders or not is anyones guess, but until the fontmaster can think of a way to stop people from voting for their buddy(if thats the case) why can't we just let the poll run its course? this forum is great for showcasing peoples machines that they spent so much time and money creating, honda, yamaha, polaris, kasea, or yes, even cannondale all belong here.

416exmx
04-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
in 49 peoples eyes the cannondale is the nicest bike, in their eyes, on there, whether they're all from cannondaleriders or not is anyones guess, but until the fontmaster can think of a way to stop people from voting for their buddy(if thats the case) why can't we just let the poll run its course? this forum is great for showcasing peoples machines that they spent so much time and money creating, honda, yamaha, polaris, kasea, or yes, even cannondale all belong here.

no... 49 people are die-hard cannondale fans wether it be the nicest or not. If that thread was not posted on daleriders do you really think the dale would have that many votes? I sure dont. Very few people are unbiast about brand loyalty. Oh, and out of all the quads, I like trxfour50r's CRF the best. I feel that it should be over mine. So no I am not here arguing just because I want mine to win. I want the BEST quad to win, not the one with the most buddys that voted.

TheFontMaster
04-26-2005, 06:33 AM
I will not disqualify armok from the contest. I looked over at cannondale riders.com , and everyone there is just voting for the cannondale because it is a cannondale, not because it is the best looking quad. There is nothing I can do to stop people from posting on other message boards. It will happen, regardless of wether its right or not. I had the same problem in febuary or march, and a 450r site. In that case people were not just voting for the quad that was they were being told to vote for, but the one that they liked best, and it was actualy helping the contest, and spreading word of it. This month at cannondaleriders.com it is not.

I will leave it up to armok as to weather he wants to stay in the contest, and win just because of his biased buddies, or I can change the number of his votes back to where they were before the thread was made at cannondalerider, and have him asked if that thread could be deleted.

happyboy
04-26-2005, 12:07 PM
who posted the thread over on cannondaleriders? armoks? Nope. Now, how can he control what others post. Just like you can't control if someone out there posts they like your quad the best so others go look and vote for it.

I will say that there are alot of people that vote brand specific in all areas. Its all an opinion man. I actaully really like the looks of the dale, its pretty in its own way. Now, is Armok;s the coolest quad on there? Define cool. Prettiest? No. It is a damn nice quad though, shocks, hypers, 468cc monster. If you want to make this a beauty pagent then please state that. If you are looking for the all around nicest quad of the bunch then this is what you get stuck with.....People that think a kick ars quad with awesome parts that is still very unique these days is cool. Don't go and get your panties in a bunch just because one of the big 3 didn't win. Just like they do month after month after month.

And if everyone from cannondaleriders was coming to vote for armoks then you would have a hell of alot more than 50 votes. would be like at least 70. :devil:

wentz91
04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
dear happyboy, nobody said this was a beauty pagent. And by that I assume you mean best looking? because if you took a servey on why someone votes on any specific quad you would find that the top two reasons would be (and i'm guessing but correct me if i'm wrong people) either because they own that quad model or that quad brand. Or because of just looking plain rad. So if someone has to state for you that it's beauty pagent for quads, then you are not very wise my friend, because what's the first thing anyone looks for?? The same machine that your running!! Or which quad looks the best!! Am I right guy's? Not saying that other reasons are completely excluded, But just not as high in the ranks. Also if you compared two numbers for me. one would be how many c-dale riders you know. And two would be how many honda riders you know. how close would these numbers be. For me it would be Honda about 30 something, and c-dale "1," one!! and this might not be true for you but I'm sure the majority of the people in here would have a ratio similar to mine. So if you can clearly see the ratio above and you say it's possible that there are that many people that just like the c-dale, Then I would have to say that all the honda riders must be having trouble logging on. Again I'm not saying that a c-dale cannot win. Because they can. They just have to look a little better that this one considering the competition.:huh

Mxjunkie
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
You want to say its 12 year olds complaining, WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW? if he won fair and share dont ya think you guys wouldnt be complaining and protesting.

happyboy
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by wentz91
dear happyboy, nobody said this was a beauty pagent. And by that I assume you mean best looking? because if you took a servey on why someone votes on any specific quad you would find that the top two reasons would be (and i'm guessing but correct me if i'm wrong people) either because they own that quad model or that quad brand.

Also if you compared two numbers for me. one would be how many c-dale riders you know. And two would be how many honda riders you know. how close would these numbers be. For me it would be Honda about 30 something, and c-dale "1," one!! and this might not be true for you but I'm sure the majority of the people in here would have a ratio similar to mine.

They just have to look a little better that this one considering the competition.:huh

That is the exact reason I was getting at. People will vote quad loyalty the majority of the time. And yes, I know alot more honda owners than cannondale owners. And there are other factors that make a quad great other than the pretty plastic. I for one think the 468cc engine is pretty damned cool.

armoks
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
ONE I did NOT ask anyone to post a thread over there or solicite any votes, someone else posted that thread with out my knowlege till I seen it later that night.

TWO This site is called ATVRIDERS.COM. Ive been a member here for a while and just because I post more on cannondaleriders.com is because I could be considered an Expert on some parts of the machine. and I supply alot of information and help with those machines (I've also helped alot of people out over here too with thier cannondales.)

THREE Tommy17 Ive talked to you many of times on AOL IM when I was out on my injury.Nevr thought you were a complainer lijke this! WTF if the 3-4 new members that this site got to check out my quad and now can help other members with thier machines is wrong I'd still be out ahead of YOU!

I NEVER cheated, I followed the rules, someone saw that a dale was in the running and posted that people should vote. Last I checked WE live in a democratic society and if we go by Majority rules thats that I'm sure NOONE else has gotten their friends to vote for thier machine especially since there wewre 600 some views and only 150 odd votes here:huh

happyboy
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Jacob, stop stirring the pot.

MxJunkie, I am standing up for Armoks for the sole reason that you guys keep misleading the readers on this subject. Armoks did not post "Go vote for me!". Another guy did. You cannot control that. Just as you guys are complaining about this you will have guys go and vote for the other quads just to out vote the cannondale. Maybe in retrospec Armoks should not have posted what he did in there, but he was far from wrong in doing so.

FYI....
Lets please keep this adult like. There is no need for useless posts that do nothing but ***** and moan. If there is a valid argument then please post your opinion, don't post crap.

Mxjunkie
04-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh I am so sorry, I will type in a adult fashion, he needs to be taken out if you ask me, but hell I'm only a kid right?

jesshamner
04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Let's not forget about the stats listed along with pictures. This cannondale has had a lot of time and money invested into it.

I agree that it is wrong for anyone to go tell their friends to vote for a specific machine, but it happens and has probably happened on every poll we've had so far. The bad thing is that its actually in writing over at cdaleriders. The thread title is "Vote for Armoks." I would rather see "Vote for QOTM" as the title. As TheFontMaster has said, if that was title, there would be nothing he could do about it. I woud bet the farm that with either title, the cdaleriders community would have supported the cdale in this poll. Last month I voted for the predator b/c it was the sickest machine in the poll. I actually saved the picture b/c I liked it so much. This month I like the cdale. Don't get me wrong. I like them all...including the mini. But in my eyes Armoks' cdale is nice.

We definitely need to figure out a way of preventing new members from registering just to vote on one particular quad.

jacobw
04-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Sorry happyboy! I haved looked over the quads again to see if I would have changed my vote and no I wouldnt have I was a member of atvriders long before this QOM. Armoks bike has the best attention to detail IMO. nice flowing graphics cololor coordinated hiper wheels and hmf can. The gripper seat matches the graphics. Ever thing works together its not all chopped up. Is is just overall a very sharp machine. ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!! The honda with the sand tires would have been my second choice it would have won my vote but the steering stabilizer is not doing if for me. This loss in attention turned my vote. The other machinces are nice but to win QOM you need to have a eye catching quad not just new plactics and a powdercoated frame you need GRAPHICS, smooth flowing ones. So there is my review take it how you see it.:D

armoks
04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Oh I am so sorry, I will type in a adult fashion, he needs to be taken out if you ask me, but hell I'm only a kid right?

I'll tell you what, I looked on the members list by date joined and I know 5 people that signed up to this site since that guy posted the thread on cdaleriders that I know. One guy I don't like and we both know it. That means that only 4 people have joined because of this voting MAYBE. The rest were members of this site since before that!

So if someone posted a Tiger 250 and the poeple who had those three wheelers said WOW a Tiger i'll vote for that! they are cheaters huh??

I have ALOT of money in to this quad And thought I'd show it off a little, Just because someone has a different brand doesn't make them a cheat and are out to have a conspirecy to get rid of all other quads. I'm sure you guys have alot of money into your machines too but there are a coulple thousand quads that look just like yours.

People see different things and they get upset that people like things that are different!

armoks
04-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Like I said I know 5 people that have joined this site since he posted that on riders...

So I'm still I'm the lead because of 5 people...hmmm must be a conspiracy:rolleyes:

416exmx
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by armoks
Like I said I know 5 people that have joined this site since he posted that on riders...

So I'm still I'm the lead because of 5 people...hmmm must be a conspiracy:rolleyes:

Ya know, I dont really care who wins, but is what you dont understand is that if that thread had not been started over at daleriders, do you really think all thoes guys would have wondered over here to vote? I doubt it.

jesshamner
04-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I voted before the thread was made. I was vote number 3 for armoks to tie it up in the beginning. I saw it jump well before the thread was started.

TheJeSter1340
04-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Now back to the site, Harlen, keep up the good work with the race coverage, no other site matches the coverage, and the for sale/wanted section is awsome, great place because of so many people, but the rest of the site sucks

armoks
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
I will let you cut the 5 votes from the people that have voted for me that have been members since april 24. or cut the votes from anyone that owns the same brand from everyone elses on that thread. like the guys who own 400ex's have to have thier votes cut from tommy17's votes and the people that own 450r's vote's be cut from the votes that were voted for 450r's.

soilworker
04-26-2005, 04:44 PM
I rarely post and it's usually in the for sale section. I voted for Armoks b/c I like the look and the colors, plus I think that the Dale's are very unique instead of something every other rider on the track has.
One more question. Would you vote for your own if you still hadn't voted and was only 1 vote down or tied in the closing seconds? Yes, you would! So nobody needs to hear about armoks cheating when he had no involvement and how it's unfair to others.

armoks
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

armoks why don't you post the real number... the email that was sent to u stated u had no more then 20 real votes...

yes I did get that email. why do you guys have to be babies about this so people like to see different quads. prove to me that the other votes weren't true votes.

Like I said I know 5 people that have joined since the 24th and if they voted for me pull those votes. But if you are biasing because people own the same machine or same manufacture then those that voted for hondas and own hondas should be pulled also and same every other manufacture .

jesshamner
04-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Cannondaleriders is a close group and Armoks is honest. If he says that there are 5 then i believe him.

TheFontMaster
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Armoks- Please don't reply any more to this thread. I know you had nothing to do with the posting over at cannondale riders, you don't have to defend yourself against everyone else. I will do that. But even though you had nothing to do with it the votes were wieghed in your favor. When the same thing was happed for shaff's 450r, the votes spiked up for him when a thread was made at a 450r site.

5 votes will be deducted from armoks, and tommy, and 416exmx are out of the contest.

QuadJunkies
04-27-2005, 12:36 AM
I have edited half this thread and said.. the he!! with it, ots gonna tkae me all night to remove them all. Lets keep it clean guys..

QuadJunkies
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
DROP IT ALREADY, or Ill shut this thread down ... last warning.......

Jaybr
04-27-2005, 12:07 PM
The "Vote for Armoks" thread at Cannondaleriders has now been renamed to "Vote for QOTM"

For the record, I also voted before that thread was ever posted on Cannondaleriders.

and so you all know, # of thread views is not the number of unique members that viewed the thread, it's how many times it's been viewed. If you have been back to this thread 15 times, that's reflected in the count, you can only vote once.

So the 1500 views is more than likely the 153 people that voted coming back 10 times to check the stats or argue some more

TheFontMaster
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
There will be no more arguing, or oppinions about the matter in this thread. I will delete any post that I don't find suitable. Vote, and if you want to post keep it clean, or it will be deleted.

QJ, this is my section to run, you want me to finish what you started?

QuadJunkies
04-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
There will be no more arguing, or oppinions about the matter in this thread. I will delete any post that I don't find suitable. Vote, and if you want to post keep it clean, or it will be deleted.

QJ, this is my section to run, you want me to finish what you started? by all means!! I was just trying to keep things clean for ya ;)

TheFontMaster
04-29-2005, 03:50 PM
This months winner is Armoks with his Cannondale. Congradulations.

You have a PM on the way.

bombsquad54
05-01-2005, 02:22 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) good job moderators! and congratulations to armoks! i love your dale, better than my own bikes, so i voted for it, even though we dont get along all the time.

YamaWarr0121
05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
I also voted before i saw the thread over cannondaleriders, i spend my time about 40% on here, 40% at daleriders.com, and the rest at yfz sites, and just tho ught armoks dale looked the best, as the rest said, flowing lines, good looks that go together nicely

now get out there n ride these things! stop makin ur quads look so damn pretty!! im so jealous mine only looks good right after i hose it off!!:confused: