PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket Hub Loose???

05-16-2002, 07:51 AM
I have a Lonestar Axle and a what I would guess to be Lonestar Sprocket Hub?? I bought the axle used and everything was on it. My Problem is that the hub is loose on the splines??? Moving maybe an 1/8 of an inch. Not sure if its the axle or the hub splines. Do I need to get a Lonestar Sprocket Hub when I replace it or will others work???? Has anyone had this problem??? Anyone Got One????

05-16-2002, 07:56 AM
I'd call lonestar about getting it replaced...it should move and it's only gonna get worse. I don't think you'll get if off either,,well you might sense it's loose,,but I was told they use like 10 ton presses to get them hubs on...contact lonestar about it and good luck..

05-16-2002, 07:59 AM
never lasts long at all....they should have a steel heavy duty unit available .....which ive had to do on my durablue axle.....

05-17-2002, 08:30 AM
Am I gonna have to send them my whole axle just for the sprocket hub????????

05-17-2002, 09:56 AM
should have a press....takes no time at all...and by the way the aluminum hub probably will almost drop off when you remove the c-clip retainer...

05-17-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by quad4stroke
should have a press....takes no time at all...and by the way the aluminum hub probably will almost drop off when you remove the c-clip retainer...

But you can't just pop the retainer clip out...I'd send the entire axle back to lonestar,,it ain't worth the effort or possible injury to try and half arse the thing off..do it the smart way.

05-17-2002, 01:42 PM
sounds like you know nothing about anything when it comes to any-kind of repair or upgrade...must be nice to have the money and have someone else do all the work that you could be doing...oh well...

05-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by quad4stroke
sounds like you know nothing about anything when it comes to any-kind of repair or upgrade...must be nice to have the money and have someone else do all the work that you could be doing...oh well...

Yeah I normally take my quad to the dealer to have the spark plug changed and have the handlebars straightened.:rolleyes:

So i guess the way you see things it's best to fight this retainer ring off,,then get the hub off after an hour or 2 of trying only to find out you still have to send the axle to Lonestar....yeah that makes perfectly good sense... Keep up the good work.:blah

PS...my normal work moto is "work smarter, not harder" sounds like your moto is the opposite. Alrighty then.....:devil

Dave400ex
05-17-2002, 02:13 PM
I am with Rico. Send the Axle to Lonestar. They might ot Send you the New Part until they see the Old one.

05-17-2002, 06:23 PM
not knowing much, and thinking a retainer clip (which takes a few seconds to pop out) and a few minutes chaulking up the press takes hours...yeah i would send it out!!!!....but for the i guess>>> few out there.... IT DOES'NT TAKE MUCH !!! So ,dont be a pu$$ .......I thought part of the fun owning a quad is working on it yourself...Am i wrong?????? If so im on the wrong site....

Dave400ex
05-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Yeah it`s Fun working on it, but I would rather never Work on it and always be Riding it. It`s up to you what to do with the Axle.

05-18-2002, 08:15 AM
I'm gonna ride the piss out of it this weekend, then worry with it next week sometime. Shipping from here to Lonestar and back is gonna cost more than what its worth. I called Lonestar they said that any sprocket hub will work on the axle, so I do not have to get a Lonestar Hub to replace this one. Had thought about knocking the one off my stock axle to replace it, looked at it and said ut uh. The loose one may slide off, but the tight one is in question. I think I'm gonna take it to the sponsor and let em work with me on it...............To Be Continued

05-18-2002, 08:24 AM
has a different spline than the aftermarket on a lonestar and durablue axle.......i believe a new hub (heavy duty steel)is about $89....good luck...my buddy just put a lonestar with a heavy duty hub on his cannondale and it was no tear jerker either ....he did it the old fashioned do it your- self way....but if you do have a sponsor to do it free let him have it.....Im done here