PDA

View Full Version : Oil in intake manifold?

T.Hopp
04-21-2005, 07:34 PM
I put a JE 416 piston kit in with new gaskets and valve seals. Cylinder was bored also. After it warmed up I began to see faint smoke rise up from the motor. A closer inspection revieled that oil was weaping out from under the intake boot and burning off creating the smoke. I pulled the carb and boot off and my intake ports were coated with oil. I also found that oil was weaping around the header pipes. I am thinking that the new valve seals aren't doing their job. I attempted to stager the joints in the piston rings but they could have spun around as I slid things together. Is this likely?

plkmonster2
04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
The seals could have been cut. As for the offsetting of the rings, it isn't a problem on the 4 strokes. They tend to seal up well enough anyways. That is weird how it is all oily though. Is the intake side of your carb oily too? Is so, you may have blowby.

T.Hopp
04-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I have no oil on the intake side of the carb. Just in the intake ports of the head. I'm going to pull the valves out and look around for anything odd. It's frustrating, the more I assemble and disassemble the top end, the greater the chances of something getting stripped!

chucked
04-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Where are you in baltimore?

T.Hopp
04-23-2005, 11:22 AM
In Chase. Near Gunpowder State Park (Hammerman) or Dundee Marina. If those areas don't sound familiar, White Marsh.

chucked
04-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by T.Hopp
In Chase. Near Gunpowder State Park (Hammerman) or Dundee Marina. If those areas don't sound familiar, White Marsh.

I know where you're at, im on middle river road between rt 40 and rt 7, about 10 minutes from you.