PDA

View Full Version : Rear end help, again! Please help

400exc
04-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I just recently replaced the bearings on my 400ex, and now when i ride around, farther up, like in the middle of the 400, it cracks when i push down, like the shock is bad, or the frame is cracked, and i checked and dont think the frame is cracked? Could the shock go bad, like the bearing in the top of it? Also, i have had this other problem, when i am going about 10-15 mph, just caosting, my rear end acts like it is shakling, would that mean the chain might be bad? I cant tighten it alot yet, and didnt think it was the chain. The whole thing is making me confused! So, the 2 problems are making me thing the whole end should be replaced, but i dont think that is all neccesary. The only thing i think is bad is the shock, maybe the frame ( if i didnt check it good enought to see if it is cracked),and the chain? please help me out and think what you guys thing about what the problem is. Once i get in mid third, it dont make the rattling sound any more, and the cracking is the same way to, if i am ramping in about high 2nd, it wont make the sounds when i hit the ground. This has been going on for a while now, and i think it needs to be fixed, because i dont want it to get any worse. It cant be the axle lock nut, i just got that tightened, and the bearing replaced, and checked the housing and carrier my self, and all of that is fine, I am just worried about it. I need the help, so could any one please help me out with my problem?

crazyatvn
04-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Check sub frame bolts and check for a bent rim of axle. That is my guess.

6858-400ex
04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
check right in front of the top motor mounts mine broke there befre because the factory had tightned too much with not enough spacers so it put alot of stress on so it broke

400exc
04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
so the mount behind the enigne could be broke? would it hurt if i drove it any more, would it make it worse? it dont sounds like it is, but i think your right about the bracket behind the enigne.

xcracer416
04-22-2005, 02:30 PM
check your swingarm right behind your front sprocket........ive broke 2 already, and they wont be the last. even aftermarket ones break like that. its common for a 400 to break them, thats where i would check

400exc
04-22-2005, 06:21 PM
i checked there, and that seem to be fine, i dont know what the problem is!