PDA

View Full Version : What should i do?

highflyinEX93
04-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I am wanting to beef my 300ex up to be able to keep up with the 400ex's in harescrambles, but i cant get a bigger quad yet becuase i dont have the money, so Right now i have a dynojet jet kit, a fmf exhaust, a k and n air filter and outerwears pre filter and maxxis razr 2 tires with a dura blue axle. I was wondering what are the top things i should get to get the most speed, and power out of my machine.

Birddogg
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi compression piston will wake it up and it's cheap. While you have the head off get it cleaned up. Grind all the casting marks out but don't go crazy with it, leave a port job to someone who knows what they're doing.

Out_Sider
04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
bore that biitchin head out, it dont really make a damn on a 300ex, the head is so restrictive on them you could bore it out a good bit without hurtin the performance any

300ex73
04-22-2005, 07:20 AM
First off, ditch the FMF pipe, get a Sparks X-4. Best pipe for making power on a 300EX. Next, ditch the RAZR 2's for some ITP XCR's, 20 inch. The RAZR 2's are a bit big of a tire to be running on a small quad like that. The XCR's are lighter, and good for woods use. Next, you'll prolly wanna adjust the jetting to about a 134-136 main, and put in a different pilot jet. I'd also recommend running a 36 tooth sprocket on the rear, a 34 wouldn't hurt, but may be a little too high for a stock motor with 20 inch tires.

Anyways, those are just some of the things I would do if I was in your position.

blaster_rider68
04-22-2005, 09:57 AM
it all depends on how much money you are willing to spend