PDA

View Full Version : Idahoans.memorial wk. end ride to Weiser sand dunes wanna ride??

QuadJunkies
05-15-2002, 11:03 PM
We are planning a 3 day trip to the Weiser Sand Dunes in Weiser Idaho anyone wanting to join us, let us know, also trip to ST. Anthonys Idaho set for june 15-18.The more the merrier!! :) :)

JB's 400ex
05-16-2002, 01:32 PM
I live in Spokane, WA. Were are the Wieser Sand Dunes? A group of my friends are planning a ride to St. Anthony's Dunes, July 24-28.

QuadJunkies
05-16-2002, 01:42 PM
JBS400ex~~ The dunes are on the other side of Farewell Bend Ore.Do you know where that is?.You can see them from Farewell Bend Exit by the truck stop,but you have to go on the Idaho side to get to them in a town called Weiser.These dunes are NO where near as good as ST.Anthonys are...but It is a fun small spot to go to when you dont have the time to go far away and want a change from dirt riding.Are you riding with your group in July?

JB's 400ex
05-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Definately riding in July. We plan on staying in the campground there. I think Weiser is a little far for me on Memorial weekend, plus we are planning a camping trip for that weekend in the St. Joe National Forest.

QuadJunkies
05-17-2002, 12:18 AM
Yes, Weiser is quite a drive from Spokane..Hey, have a great time in ST.Anthonys,I cant stop thinking about it.Im dying to try out my new paddles!!! Let us know how your ride was...:D

JB's 400ex
05-17-2002, 09:01 AM
What style of paddles do you have. I am looking for paddles but can't decide between v-style and straight?

QuadJunkies
05-19-2002, 12:22 AM
AS FAR AS PADDLES GO...YOU HAVE ENOUGH POWER WITH THE 400EX,IF YOU WERE LACKING POWER, YOU WOULD PROBABLY WANT TO GO WITH A STRAIGHT PADDLE.IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO.IF YOU WANT TO SLIDE IN SAND,THE V PADDLES IS BETTER FOR THAT, BUT FOR CLIMBING THE STRAIGHT EDGE IS GREAT FOR CLIMBING.I BOUGHT A NEW PADDLE BY "KINGS" TIRES.THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME AND ARE KINDA THE "FORGOT ABOUT"MANUFACTURER.THE TURBO PADDLE IS VERY SIMULAR TO A "HAULER"TIRE.EXCEPT,THE TURBO PADDLES HAVE A CENTER SUPPORT TO KEEP THE PADDLE FROM FLEXING TOO MUCH.IS YOUR 400EX PIPED?EVERYONE HAS A PREFERENCE . I WASNT IMPRESSED WITH THE V PADDLE AND IT SEEMED MORE DIFFUCULT TO RIDE IN SAND THAN MY STOCK TIRES DID! BUT SINCE IM LACKING POWER, (I DO HAVE A "YOSHI PIPE TOO)I FELT THE TURBO PADDLE WAS BEST FOR ME.GO WITH A 20X11X10 OR 9. THE EDGE HAS A 29MM PADDLE VS. THE HAULER AND THE EXTREME HAVING A 24MM PADDLE.THE GLIDER HAS A 19MM PADDLE,GOOD FOR LOWER POWERED MACHINES.YOU DONT WANT TOO MUCH HOOK UP,SO WATCH FOR HOW DEEP THE PADDLES ARE.LET US KNOW WHAT YOU CHOOSE :)

QuadJunkies
05-19-2002, 12:42 AM
OOOPS...I QUOTED YOU WRONG SIZES ONTHE EDGE.IT TOO HAS A 24MM PADDLE.THE TALLER HAULER HAS A 29MM PADDLE, SORRY..:(

JB's 400ex
05-20-2002, 09:23 AM
How much did you pay for your straight paddles and were did you get them from. My 400 is jetted and piped but I am more into cruising and trail riding in the dunes so I have been leaning toward the v-style. I don't do alot of dune riding and I am really just buying them for my trip to St. Anthony's. Does it matter if you buy cheaper dune tires? What is the difference between the cheaper and more expensive dune tires, is it just the flex and length of paddle you were referring to? Thanks for any input.

QuadJunkies
05-20-2002, 02:46 PM
I got a great price on my paddles.I got them from a place called "AOG Motorsports " in Boise Idaho.These paddles come highly reccomended from a place out of Rexurg Idaho(10miles from St. anthonys)they said all the locals are changing to these tires,being you have a 400ex, your selection is really good for paddles.If your buying primalrily for St. Anthoyns, i would definatly go with the straight paddle.These dunes are huge! you will need them for climbing,its not that you simply cannot use V paddles, becuase you can,its all in preference,i personally didnt like the V paddle,if you decide on a V paddle the Skat Trak Edge tires are awesome for a V paddle,they have very deep paddles,so you will hook up good.good for turning too.The Trakker made by Kenda is another good one.We have those on our 400ex.The Hauler I hear is good,and there is alot of debate on the sand sharks and paddle master.never had those before.I heard the Dune Hopper was ok too.you will pay alot for skat trak edge tires..about 90.00 ea. before your rims!ouch! i think i paid only around 50.00ea. for my turbo paddles and they truly look like a better made tire.Im going to run on them this wk. end ill update next wk. on the paddles.do you have a catalog from rocky mountain atv? they are a great place to order stuff from and great prices.but the y don not have the turbo paddle,if you are interested in buying them, ill get you AOG phone # and see if he can help you out.a good paddle doesnt have to cost you an arm and leg,we just did LOTS of research before buying.Remember straight paddle will give you alot of hook up for climbing and V paddle is good for turning and sliding( and some climbing too) Our 400ex has a 20x12x9 I think??? We could have probably went smaller,but it works well though.have I confused you yet? Let me know if I can be of anymore help.Sometimes its hard to explain all of this in a forum.it would take all day!! :):huh

JB's 400ex
05-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Now you have me considering straight paddles. Most of the dunes around here really don't have large dunes. They are mostly flat or rolling dunes. If you could give me that number to AOG that would be great.

QuadJunkies
05-20-2002, 11:44 PM
heres the #. ask for Chris and tell him Troy and Tina sent you.If he is unable to send them to you in Wash. he can definately get you the distributors number... 208-342-7900.Whats nice about the Turbo paddle too is,if you look at alot of the paddles close up, you will notice the paddle itself is a separate peice of tire,some paddles are molded all in one piece,a few of the popular tires that run out there,we have noticed the paddle tearing away from the main tire.I think This one you will like,all one mold meaning longer wear.There is also a place here in Boise calledWestern oudoor sports(im pretty sure thats what there called)that I know has them in stock right now.The only problem is you have to have a dealer order them for you,so if you have a tire shop around there that can have them sent to you,you should have no problem.There price for them there was around 54.00 ea.Let me know if you get them, and definately how you like them!!good luck :)

QuadJunkies
05-28-2002, 12:19 AM
Hey Jb's 400ex~~ I wanted you to know I tried out my paddles this wk. end and man they were awesome!!!They hook up real nice. I should have no problem at St. Anthonys!!! :) Im gonna post a new thread to get the word out about these tires!!!Have a great time on your trip to ST. Anthonys:)

JB's 400ex
05-28-2002, 09:10 AM
Was that 54.00 with rims and if so what rims? Glad they worked good I am leaning towards buying those.