PDA

View Full Version : ITP rims or DOUGLAS for 300ex???

QuadJunkies
05-15-2002, 10:57 PM
I just recently purchased some sand paddles for my 300ex(they are a new tire called turbo paddles 20x11x9 ) I am still needing rims for them and didnt know which to go with.. Douglas or ITP?I dont even know if ITP makes a rim in a .160 guage or not, coulnt find one on the internet,and everyone seems to be out of the douglas too. I need them in the next week for duning here in Idaho.Can anyone give me some ideas,and where to look for them?

Razorback
05-16-2002, 06:57 AM
check rocky mountain at www.rockymountainatv.com. i don't think they list the rims for sale separately, but you could call them and i bet they'd sell you some and they're usually good about shipping quickly. you'd probably be ok with either. if you plan on doing big jumping, get the .190.

Red Rooster
05-16-2002, 09:42 AM
Can you post or e-mail a pic ( reckless@drenth.net ) of the ''turbo'' paddles? or tell me where to find a picture on the net? thanks.

Zero Z400
05-16-2002, 10:05 AM
I think rims are more of a personal preference. I like Douglas, don't know why, just do. there is no real advantages between them, but those Carbon fiber wheels whels are sweet to. Also i think beadlocks would be the best for duning.

Later

QuadJunkies
05-16-2002, 01:52 PM
RedRooster300~~ I will send you a picture I get them mounted hopefully next wk.They have an awesome pattern to them!! :) I have never sent pictures on the computer before,but I will send them when I get it figured out.I will also let you know where to find on the internet,I ordered out of a book at an ATV shop.I went ahead and ordered the Douglas .125.I guess the .160 that i wanted are back ordered for several wks.but, for jumping in sand, all that i have talked to said as long as Im in sand, I dont need a .160 or .190. I do small jumping so I should be ok.I will eventually upgrade as I get more aggressive.I will get the manufacturers name on the paddles for those interested in seeing them.

QuadJunkies
05-17-2002, 12:07 AM
The manufacter of the turbo paddles are Kings... and there web site is under construction,so you find any pidtures there..sorry not much help :( ill post it when i get my own pictures though..