PDA

View Full Version : Pros quad specs?

roostin_dale
04-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Where can i find specs on the pros bikes? like Natalie, Farr, Wimmer, Byrd, etc.? Thanks

bansheex
04-20-2005, 07:19 PM
What length swingarms and a-arms are they running?

roostin_dale
04-20-2005, 07:21 PM
oh sorry, i know all about there body/suspension, etc. Im looking for their motor specs...

jeepnrocks
04-20-2005, 07:23 PM
You might find some information but I would wager that alot of whats in their motors is kept under wraps.

Gabriel Racing
04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
ya jeepnrocks pretty much summed it up,

they dont really release to what they have in the motors, but i do believe Farr is running a curtis sparks motor?or baldwin, i do believe byrds still got the Dasa motor, and natalie isrunning a curtis motor,

Edit - sorry i thought you wanted to know who built there motors,

dont know the specs! sorry!

TC426EX
04-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Supposedly Natalie is running a straight Sparks engine kit that you can also purchase.

As for Farr, I know he was running a Sparks motor last season, but I thought there was some change this year and its a honda modified engine that baldwin tuned.... Not too sure on that though, but I can check since I gotta go to baldwins shop next tuesday anyway.

Wimmer is running a straight TC kit you can buy.

Not too sure about byrd

roostin_dale
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I think byrd is running a Rossier motor. But anyways, i have found there specs somewhere but i can not find them again...

CTmxyfz
04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Byrd is sponsored by Dasa Racing. So it leads me to believe that Dasa builds Byrds motors. Im not sure though. Mike Walsh had a 450r for a few weeks at the end of last season that he rode locally in races here. He said he had a sparks 450 motor but my buddy rode with him at his track and my buddy has a stock yfz motor. The trx and yfz were neck and neck all the way through 3rd gear and then the trx pulled alittle on the stock yfz motor. Keep in mind these are both fully walsh trxs and yfzs. I say that its mostly the rider making these things work.