PDA

View Full Version : Changin my Axel?????

RenewedEX
04-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey, anybody im tryin to change my axel on my 400ex and ive never done it can anyone tell me about the nuts on the right side and what to do?

JOEX
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
The nut assembly on the right side is called the 'lock nut'. The nuts are left hand threaded and can be very difficult to remove but not at all impossible. A couple of large (18" - 24") pipe wrenches work well but will hash up the nuts a bit.

I don't remember which on to turn first at the moment:ermm: Do a search of this site, this has been discussed many times, there might even be a thread in the FAQ section;)

gojk
04-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Turn the thin one down from behind the quad. If it is the first time you have taken it off, it will be extremely hard to move. I wouls spray some WD-40 or something like that on it first. Then the wide one comes off the same way. Just turn it far enough that you can see the c-clip and then the whole axle will come out.

RidrKFX
04-22-2005, 08:30 PM
in the middle of the 2 nuts there is a pin that you have to push in because it locks one of the nuts so it wont move. a buddy and i had a wicked time trying to get his off and after a while we found out that there was that pin

6858-400ex
04-23-2005, 09:54 AM
how about using a large crecent wrench